Chapter Fourteen: Surrounded

As Chris drove onto a dirt path in the woods, I couldn't help feeling that Christian didn't want to do what he did. He just couldn't deny orders. It was against the rules, and he couldn't break those rules.

The path Chris was driving on got rather bumpy, and I gripped the seat to steady myself. He drove for another few minutes before he pulled into a field that already had a car parked there. It was another shiny black car, but it looked even nicer than Chris's- if that was possible. Chris closed his eyes and slumped his head against the steering wheel.

"What's wrong?" I asked nervously.

"Jackson's already here. Dammit." He growled, glancing back up at me. I gave him a worried expression before he looked at me apologetically. I had a feeling that he had a plan...

"I need you to pretend to be knocked out." He said suddenly.

"Excuse me?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I'll say that I have to... Feed, and I knocked you out so you wouldn't struggle. Just lay kinda limp." He instructed. I sighed and got out of the car.

"Fine." I grumbled. Chris smirked and scooped me up in his arms, walking towards the giant mansion in the middle of the small field.

"Close your eyes." He said right before he opened the door. I obediently closed my eyes and tucked my head into Chris's chest so my face wasn't visible.

I heard the loud bang of the door hitting against the wall and then the soft thud it made when Chris closed it behind him.

"I see you're finally here." A deeper voice said from a few feet away. I heard Chris's heartbeat instantly speed up.

"Yeah, I had to wait for Christian to leave so I could sneak out without him realizing." Chris lied smoothly. I heard the man make a sound of approval and then he sighed.

"Who is that?" He asked, and I guessed he was referring to me.

"I haven't fed in a long time." Chris said. This seemed to explain everything to the other man (who I guessed was Jackson), and I made a frown of disgust where Chris couldn't see. I didn't particularly like the fact that he "fed" on other humans.

"I'm gonna go to my room and take care of things." Chris said, and I felt his body moving as he began walking.

"Okay, I'll call you down when the rest arrive." Jackson said firmly.

"If you don't mind me asking, how many are there?" Chris asked. My own heart beat sped up at the question. I wanted to know, too. I wanted to find out how many blood thirsty demons I would have to be dealing with for the remainder of the war.

"17, not including you." Jackson said. I heard Chris's breath catch in his throat and then his head moved as he nodded. He continued walking, and I heard a clump sound as he began ascending the steps. Apparently, Jackson didn't follow us, because in the next moment Chris spoke.

"You can open your eyes now." He whispered. I slowly opened my eyes and blinked, glancing around the dark hallway as Chris continued to carry me. There weren't many lights, and if I didn't know any better I would refer to it as a dungeon. It was cold in here too.

"We're on the fourth floor." Chris mumbled as he began walking up another flight of steps. Geez, how many floors did this place have?!

Two flights of stairs later, Chris pulled a key from his pocket and unlocked the midnight black door, letting it swing open with a barely audible creak.

"This is my room." Chris explained as he slowly placed me on my feet. I glanced around and saw that it was much like the room he had at home, minus the window and the computer in the corner.

"I know it'll probably be boring, but you'll have to stay in the room all the time, even when I have to go downstairs and see Jackson and the others." Chris said. I just sighed and nodded, plopping down on the bed.

"And keep the door locked at all times. If anyone knocks don't answer it. I have a key, so I can get in without knocking. Other than that you don't have to worry." He assured me. I nodded again and he sat on the bed beside me.

"I'm sorry for putting you through this Melanie. I guess I'm kind of a suckish boyfriend." He joked, a small smile appearing on his face.

"No you're not. You just feel protective. And you're different." I said, leaning forward and kissing him briefly. He glanced down at his lap before there was a loud knock on the door. His head snapped up and my heart froze.

"Chris, the other guys are here. Come downstairs." Jackson's voice said. Chris looked back at me.

"I'll be back soon." He said reassuringly. And with that, he kissed my forehead and slipped out the door, locking it behind him. I laid back on the bed and let my mind whirl with the endless possibilities of what would happen. I was in the middle of a giant house with 19 hungry demons. And 18 of them wouldn't hesitate to kill me. Well this sucked.

___________

Sorry for short chapter. Hope you enjoyed it :) and I might update tomorrow depending on how much homework I have. But tell me in the comments. Which book should I update tomorrow? Fate, My Two Daímones, The Bad Boys Weak Spot, or Rejection Causes Love? Let me know! ^_^