Chapter Five: S 'agapó̱

"W-what?" I asked in a shocked tone.

"Can you please hear me out?" She asked.

"I-I, um, yeah." I said, at a loss for words.

"Chris, I was growing feelings for you, and I liked you more than Christian. A lot more. But then when I found out what you were, I heard that you were the evil one and you could feed off of me and I just...didn't want that. I was afraid of you today, and I think I still am. I didn't want to get hurt, so I stayed away. And I'm only calling you now because I don't have the courage to say this face to face." She said quickly. I sighed.

"Melanie, I didn't know it was like that. And I didn't feed off you. I can control who I feed off, and trust me, I wouldn't want to kill you. And just because I'm born evil, doesn't mean I hurt people that I...care about." I said in a low voice.

"You care about me?" She asked in a shocked tone.

"I-I shouldn't, but I do. But I can't have a relationship." I said regretfully.

"Why?" she asked.

"Why do you care? I thought you liked Christian." I snapped angrily. I didn't want to tell her that Jackson had ordered me to stay away from her. And what Jackson says goes.

"But Chris I-" I hung up before she could finish, and instantly regretted it. What was she about to say? That she loved me? That she didn't like Christian? I growled angrily and tossed my phone to the floor. My life was screwed up. Why did Christian get all the good stuff? It wasn't fair. He got to wear whatever he wanted, and do whatever he wanted. I had to stay away from people and I was forced to wear black all the time. And I couldn't have a relationship. Not that I wanted one. But Melanie was... Well, she was different. I wanted her more than I had ever wanted anyone else. But that would be my little secret. I wasn't going to tell anyone.

MELANIE POV 

When Chris hung up on me, I felt tears fill my eyes. I didn't want him to be hurt. I wanted him to understand how I felt about him, and how I felt about his brother. I threw my phone down and rolled over in my bed, sobbing into the pillows. Why was my life so unfair?! Chris apparently couldn't have a relationship, and he just HAD to be the evil one. I wished that he was able to date me, because I would love to date him. A lot more than his brother. 

***

The next morning, I got up and got ready to go to school, planning on telling Chris exactly how I felt. I knew I had feelings for Christian, and I knew if Chris didn't like me then... oh well. But he had said he had feelings for me too. I wanted to tell him so badly, but I didn't want Christain to know. This might be a little difficult, unless... a plan started forming in my head, and I just hoped it would work. 

When I pulled up in the school parking lot, I walked quickly to my locker and took off my backpack, getting my books for the first half of the day. I made sure my phone was on silent before I slipped it back into my pocket and walked to math class. 

As soon as I took my seat in math, I pulled my phone out and glanced at Chris as he sat in the front row, ignoring me. I opened a new text message. 

Can I talk to you after class? I wrote. I sent the message and looked at him until he patted his pocket and  pulled out his phone, looking at the text. He looked back at me and then turned back to his phone. The bell hadn't rang yet, so the teacher wasn't in the room. If she was, she would've taken our phones. 

About what? Just enjoy your relationship with Christian. I'm no good for you. he wrote. I frowned and began typing. 

I just want to tell you how I feel. I don't expect you to date me or even like me. I need to make sure you know the truth. I sent. I saw him sigh when he read the text, and then he typed back.