Chapter Nine: Perfect

CHRISTIAN POV

I was furious when I got home from Jeremy's house, but I was also terrified. I had gotten there too late, and Chris hadn't been with me. I had walked in and Trinity was dead on the floor, a bad burn covering the side of his face. This was horrible. A member dead meant... War between the two sides until another was killed. But we didn't plan on telling the evil side that. Everyone on our side felt Trinity's presence fade away the moment he was killed, but the evil side felt nothing, and Jeremy had no memory of the incident since he was out of control. I didn't risk trying to kill him on my own since he was at his most powerful point, so I had ran back to my car and sped back home. When I got there, my phone had a text on it from Chris.

"Melanie was low on gas so we went to her house for the project instead. Be back soon." It said. I threw my phone on the couch and flopped down on the love seat, running my hand through my hair and mussing the curls. Damn him. He was supposed to BE there. Then none of this would have happened! I clenched my jaw in frustration. I couldn't tell him about this. I would just calm myself until he got home. I went upstairs to my bedroom and laid on the bed, turning on the TV. I watched it absentmindedly and worked on calming down my nerves, and before I knew it my eyelids were heavy and I was drifting off to sleep.

***

When I woke up, the TV was still playing and it was dim outside. I looked at the clock. 4 am. Shit, I had fallen asleep. I got up and walked over to Chris' room, opening the door to make sure he had made it home. But his bed was empty. I frowned and went downstairs, getting my cell phone. No missed calls or texts... I called his phone and it instantly went to voicemail, letting me know it was off. My fingers went numb. One of two things could have happened. Either he was still at Melanie's house and... Hurting her, or he had left her house and something bad had happened to him. Even though he was my brother, I found myself hoping for the second one. I didn't want Melanie to get hurt, and that just showed how much I cared about her. I slipped on my Jordan's and grabbed my red hoodie, pocketing my cell phone and getting my car keys before heading outside. I climbed in my car and started it up, driving to Melanie's house. Please let her be okay.

MELANIE POV

Around 4 in the morning, I woke up on a warm chest with a very warm pair of arms wrapped around me. I sighed when I inhaled his scent, and I scooted up a little further on his chest before I felt his friend down below move against my thigh. He mumbled in his sleep and his eyelids fluttered when I planted a soft kiss on his lips. I looked at the shiny black necklace laying on his chest, admiring how perfectly the black lightning bolt was carved. It gleamed in the moonlight coming from the window.

"You like the necklace?" A husky voice asked. I looked up to see Chris watching me, and I snuggled into his neck.

"Yes." I mumbled, blushing furiously at the fact that I had been caught staring. I felt a stiffness in between my legs, but I ignored it. Then Chris shifted his weight under me and I also felt a drying stickiness...

"Chris..." I began.

"Hm?" He asked.

"There's something sticky between my legs." I said tiredly. His warm fingers brushed against my breast as they moved to pull down the blanket. He slid it off our bodies and I gasped when I saw the blood. It was smeared between my thighs and some of it was stained on Chris' lower abdomen. He brushed his hand across my thigh.

"Baby I'm sorry you had to see that." He whispered. A warmth bubbled up inside me. He called me baby.

"It's okay. It happens the first time, right?" I asked. He nodded and pulled his lips to mine, kissing me softly. Then he rolled us over so he was on top and he kissed me again, making me giggle. His hand gripped my waist as he sucked that spot on my neck, and I was about to moan until the door banged against the wall. I gasped and grabbed a sheet, covering up quickly. Christian was standing in the doorway, his eyes glowing blue and a fire already dancing in his palm. Chris held me to his chest as he covered both of us up, and when Christian saw me his eyes softened.

"Melanie... Are you okay?" He asked.

"Um... Yeah." I said in an unsure tone. Christian slowly walked up to us and yanked the sheet from my hands, his eyes widening at the blood.

"He raped you." Christian stated. I began to shake my head no, but then Christian pointed to my waist.

"He hurt you." He stated. I looked down and saw dark purple bruises on either side of my waist in the shape of Chris' fingerprints. They were from him holding me down to the bed as he pleasured me... My face heated at the thought but I pushed it away as I yanked the sheet back from Christian and covered myself again. By this time Chris had slipped on his boxers and was standing beside the bed, a bloodstain still covering his abs.

"He didn't hurt me! Christian, I love him!" I shouted, tears filling me eyes.

He turned to me.

"Melanie, even if you do love him, he doesn't love you back. He's evil! He feeds off every girl that ever falls for him! I'm only telling you this because I care for you and I don't want you to get hurt. Don't fall for him." Christian said.

"It's too late." I whispered. Christian gripped my bare shoulders.

"Melanie, look at me. He had sex with you to feed from you. Not because he loves you." He growled at me.

"I didn't have sex with her! I made love to her." Chris said, standing behind Christian with his eyes glowing red.

"But you can't love her." Christian said, turning back to him.

"I don't care." He growled.

"What about the blood then? The bruises? That's not making love!" Christian yelled. I blushed and hid my face. This conversation was getting embarrassing.

"The bruises are from me, I'll admit that, but they weren't out of violence. And the blood was because it was her first time." Chris said, his eyes seeming to glow even brighter. Christian sighed and his eyes faded back to brown.

"You really love her." He whispered. Chris nodded his head and Christian gaped at the ground wordlessly.

"Okay then. I'll be at home." He whispered, slowly walking from the room. As soon as he was gone, Chris' arms wrapped around me and he held me to his chest.

"I'm sorry." He whispered.

"It's not your fault." I said. He picked me up bridal style and carried me to the bathroom, setting me gently on the counter and wetting a washcloth, his eyes locked on mine as he gently wiped away the blood between my thighs. When he was done, he kissed me gently on the lips and then rinsed out the washcloth, wiping it over his and until all the blood was gone. He had to take off his boxers to get all of the blood, and it gave me an opportunity to really see him for the first time. I crossed my legs as I felt myself get wet for him. He was blessed down there, I knew that. I remembered how it felt for him to make love to me, and I found myself wanting him again, even though I was throbbing with soreness. I got up and fell into Chris' arms when I tried to walk. He chuckled.

"Sore?" He asked. I nodded and tucked my head in the crook of his neck. I looked over his shoulder and saw him staring at us in the full length mirror. Both of our bodies pressed together, no space in between us. We were like two corresponding puzzle pieces. Made for each other. I looked up at him and he kissed me, his soft lips moving against mine. I sighed and he picked me up, carrying me back to the bed and putting some new sheets on, laying me down gently. He climbed on top of me and kissed me once before he rolled on his side and cradled me to his chest.

"You'll have to make love to me again sometime." I whispered as I played with his necklace. He pressed his lips to the tip of my nose.

"I will. I promise." He said, a small smile on his face.

"Do you love me?" He whispered.

"Yes." I replied.

"How much?" He asked, his fingers combing through my hair.

"More than Christian. And that's what matters." I whispered.

"Mm. I like the sound of that." He said, kissing me again. I loved how he looked right now, naked in my arms. Free of all the black clothing he wore. He was perfect in every possible way. And he was mine. And I was his.