Chapter Seven

(Sorry about how short this chapter is.)

The morning is just as bad as it was yesterday morning. The mattress is still disgusting, I haven't brushed my teeth in two days... 

This sucks.

I start to get up, and as I do, I hear a voice from outside.

"How long are you going to take?" A girl says. Her voice makes me want to break something. 

"I'm not ready, Meliza." I call.

"Well, are you going to take a million years?"

"No." I emphasize. She doesn't answer for a while.

"Honestly, I don't want to be late." She says, actually sounding genuine. 

"Okay, I'll go quickly." I have hardly anything to do, anyway. I can't change, or brush my teeth properly, there's no shower. I put my hair in a ponytail again, and brush my teeth with water from the same container. Then, I take a couple of bites of bread, and step outside.

"Ready." I say.

"Could you have gone slower?" She says.

"Yeah."

She rolls her eyes, and then stops, staring forward.

"Oh no. Julian. Get down." 

"Who's Julian?" I ask as I get down on my knees.

"The worst person alive. He's so disgusting. He always smells like medal, and doesn't know what personal boundaries are."

"Oh."

"He's on the hill right now. We have to find a way to get past him.

"You're kidding. He's not going to assault us."

"He might!" She exclaims.

I follow her as she crawls to the other end of the hill, where Hunter and I went yesterday. She finally gets up and starts walking up the steep slope. We stand up, and Meliza leads me to the left, where the classroom is. I see Hunter and Abdalla standing together, at the bottom of the hill, at the path we walked up when Hunter caused the ground to move to bring us to the top. 

Suddenly, Meliza grabs my shoulder, and flips me around. She looks really concerned, like something really bad happened. 

"Get down." She whispers.

"Okay, for the last time, he won't assault us!"

"Get down!" She says, gritting her teeth. She grabs my arm, and yanks it down, pulling the rest of me down too. "They found us." She starts breathing in heavily. 

Through the bushes, I look over at where Hunter and Abdalla were. They are gone.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"Look over there- see the waterfall?"

"Yeah."

"There's a hole in it. It's always closed, and it's a precaution to keep anybody except elementeers out. That means that someone isn't supposed to be here who is."

Suddenly, a loud, thunderous noise goes off, and behind where Hunter and Abdalla were, smoke rises from the tents behind them.

"Oh." I whimper.