Chapter 1

Feyre's POV

Today was the first time Tamlin let me train.  I was seated on the floor of a sparring room I've never seen in the manor before, observing the basic skills to hand to hand combat Lucien was currently demonstrating to me. My usual training with Cassian ended because of obvious reasons, and I still needed to practice. But even though Tamlin lived up to his word to change, there was only a slight difference to the High Lord I used to know. So I was left to beg for training classes which came out to be useless since I was only shown the basics I already learned in the night court.

A whole month has passed since the incident in the kings throne room, and during those days, every second, I would think about my mate, Rhysand. I didn't know how to begin to express about how much I missed him even though we regularly talk through our metal bond or send notes to each other. But we both have our own roles to play and tasks to complete. 

I eyed the hand that was currently glamoured, hiding the black swirling tattoo that represented our mating bond. If the High Lord of the spring court ever found out that a part of Rhys was still imprinted on me, he would march to the night court and kill him. Well, at least try to kill him, Rhys would probably shatter Tamlins mind before the idiot would even lift his arms to punch.

Thankfully, Ianthe left the spring court right after I came back, murmuring an excuse that I forgot the following second because of the boiling hatred towards that priestess. Another moment alone with her and I would probably either drown her with my water wolves or strangle her with her own hair after ripping it out of her scalp. 

I also sometimes wonder about calanmai. I only brought that up the thought to Tamlin once, but after he quickly changed the conversation, I decided that it was better if I didn't know.

Lucien noticed that I had stopped listening to whatever he was saying, "Feyre?" he asked.

I looked towards him, "What?"

"I uh-" He took a steady breath, dragging one of his calloused hands through his maroon hair before he walked over and crouched down beside me. I could see that something has been bothering him for the past month, and I already knew that it was hard for him when he just found out that Elain was his mate and had to be separated from her. 

"Do you..." he started " Do you still love Tamlin?" Those words hit me like a brick to the face. What do you think you idiot, after everything he has done to me, how is it even possible that I can hold back my scowls every time he kisses me! No, I did not let him take me to bed. I was and still am trying to avoid that every time we are alone. But it's hard to keep that up without seeming suspicious, and I can't let him bed me or else Rhys will no doubt chain Tamlin up and torture him until the asshole will beg for death. But I can't let that happen, no. When the time comes, I'm going to take the pleasure in killing him myself. 

So all I did was smile sweetly at Lucien and said, "Of course I do, what makes you think otherwise?"

"Well-" he started but I cut him off.

"Lucien, I love Tamlin very much, and if you can't see that, then you don't know me at all."

I stood up and exited the training room, leaving Lucien confused and calculating.