Chapter Six

CHAPTER SIX

"I swear to god, that something happened yesterday!" Beth exclaimed as we make our way to the food court. "All the guys are so mushy over you now!"

I rolled my eyes at her girly behaviour; they aren't 'mushy' just simply acting as though we've been friends since forever. I don't mind, they make me feel as though I belong somewhere. An experience I've never had, not since I was very little.

Beth was saying something else, so I tuned into her, "-so what do you think?"

"Umm, repeat it again?" I asked confused.

She sighed, "I said, that if you wanted to come with me to the shops after school."

I was about to accept, but then I remembered that I had to go to Charles's house after school, so they can 'explain' some more.

"I can't I'm going to someone's house." I said disappointed.

But she just looked very interested, "Let me guess, Luke's?"

I looked away and smirked. She started jumping and clapping, making her strawberry curls bounce crazily. I rolled my eyes once again at her.

"You two are so cute!" She squealed, making people turn around and look at us strangely.

Beth's eyes widened at something behind me and arms went around my waist and whispered, "Hello, love." Luke.

I elbowed him, and he let go with a chuckle, Beth looked like she'll fly off at any moment.

"Luke, this is my friend Beth." I introduced them, though it felt weird because I just came yesterday.

They shook hands and Beth quickly said something about friends waiting and food. I turned to Luke and said, "Aww! She likes you!"

He rolled his eyes and says cockily, "Who doesn't?"

I put my hand up and he leaned in and whispered, "That's not you convinced me yesterday on your bed."

I shivered and almost blushed, almost. I never blush. I smirked at him, "Please that was a onetime thing, plus I wasn't the one with a boner."

He glared at me and I walked along to the food court finding Nathan, he saw me first and got up and hugged me and saw Luke and glared at him.

"What's up Summers?" he said.

Luke ignored him and looked intently at me, as if trying to summon me and get out of Nathan's embrace. I flipped him off, no way can he think he can control me. Nathan chuckled and put an arm around my shoulders and took me outside like yesterday.

"How's it going?" He asked getting out his drink bottle and taking a swig, it didn't smell like water, so I eyed it suspiciously.

"Not as good as what you have in your bottle." I said taking a whiff of air and getting vodka and his sexy cologne. He smirked at me and handed it over to me, I took a wary sip and felt the warm liquid evade my mouth.

"Don't think I'm an alcoholic, I'm not it's just at home, everything is so fucked up! My mum whores around and my dad is gone all the time, sometimes I have to pay rent and for the groceries. So, I just have something to drink now and then."

I gave him a small smile, "Better than my life," I raise the bottle and said, "To all the fucked-up families and their children!" He smiled at me and I took a swig and handed it to him and he did too.

I've gotten myself drunk heaps of times, but it reminded me of my mum. So, I stopped then started, then stopped and so on.

Nathan wrapped his arms around my waist and lifted me up and held me to his chest, it felt so nice. His warmth evaded into me and I shivered at the feeling.