Derek waited, watching Stiles' expressions change as he talked to Lydia. Stiles nodded, for some dumb reason that Derek didn't understand because Lydia couldn't see him. Eventually, Stiles sighed and rolled off of Derek. "Okay, yeah. We're on our way." He waited another few second and then hung up the phone. Derek raised his eyebrows as he held himself up on his elbow. 

"What did she want?" Derek asked, eyes following his boyfriend as he dragged himself out of the bed and pulled on his pants, and then his shirt. 

"She wants us to come over," Stiles answered, looking around the floor for his shoes. "She said she's having a small get together and we apparently have to go, or else she'll make our lives a living hell and-"

"She's not serious about that," Derek laughed, getting out of Stiles' bed. He found his shirt and slipped it over his head. "I mean, she could make our lives a living hell, but she loves us too much to actually do it."  He smiled happily, kissing Stiles' forehead. "But if you want to go, we can go." 

"It's not that I want to go," Stiles defended himself, holding up his hands. "I just don't want to face the wrath of Lydia Martin. So unless you want to die, grab your keys and let's go." 

+++

"Boys!" Lydia exclaimed when she opened the door. Derek crinkled his nose and pushed past her to get inside. He'd been to Lydia's house enough to know his way around. "Your boyfriend could learn some manners," he heard Lydia remark, and Stiles laughed. Derek just rolled his eyes and made his way into the kitchen, grabbing a soda before moving on to the living room. Jackson was sitting on the couch and Allison was there, but no Scott. There were a few other people, mostly girls that had tried to date Derek before he came out. He didn't actually remember their names, but he smiled and waved anyways. 

"Can I have a drink of that?" Stiles asked as he sat down on the floor next to Derek. He didn't wait for an answer before taking Derek's drink and taking a large gulp. 

"Hey!" Derek laughed, taking it back and setting it on the other side of him. 

Stiles shrugged and rested his arm on Derek's leg, then leaned against him. The girls watched them and made faces that Lydia and Allison always made when they were being cute together. Derek thought it was annoying, but Stiles didn't seem to mind. 

"Stiles," Lydia said, heels clicking as she entered the room. She motioned for him to get up, so he did, dropping my hand back to my lap. "Come help me with food." 

Derek sighed as they disappeared into the kitchen. Allison pushed herself up off the couch and moved over to sit next to Derek. She seemed kind of upset, but Derek wasn't going to pry. Allison was probably going to tell him anyways. "I think Scott's going to break up with me," she said, linking her arm through Derek's. "If he does, I'm making you and Stiles take me out for sympathy ice cream, okay?" 

"Allison," Derek said, giving her a small smile. "You're a beautiful girl. If Scott breaks up with you, it's his loss." He side hugged her before she excused herself and disappeared to find Lydia, but Derek kind of wanted to know what was taking so long, so he followed after her. 

"Here," Lydia said as soon as Derek stepped into the doorway. She shoved a bowl of chips into his hands and smiled. "Take this." Derek sighed and turned on his heel, walking right back into the living room. He sat the bowl down and then turned, running into Stiles. 

Stiles grabbed Derek's shirt to catch himself, and Derek grinned. "Why did you want to come here again?" 

Stiles rolled his eyes. "Because Lydia asked us to be here and she's our friend," Stiles replied, crossing his arms. 

Derek raised his eyebrows and sighed. "Fine, but if Lydia suggests truth or dare, we're leaving," Derek stated, moving to lean against the wall. He waited as Lydia circled around the room and then stopped to sit next to Jackson. She did exactly what Derek didn't want her to do, and announced that they would be playing truth or dare. "No, seriously, that game is for thirteen year olds," Derek said, starting to leave, but Stiles grabbed his shirt and yanked him back. 

The first person to get asked was Jackson, in which Allison made him stand on his head, and then then Allison admitted her first childhood crush, and so on. The game went on and on for what seemed like forever. Stiles was dared to kiss Lydia, which he did, and Lydia giggled the whole time. Then Stiles was dared again to kiss Derek, which he also did, and Derek would've enjoyed it if the entire room wasn't watching. 

"Derek, your turn!" Lydia exclaimed, clapping her hands together. "Truth or dare?" 

Derek rolled his eyes and didn't say anything. He wasn't going to willingly participate in Lydia's childish games. 

"Fine, you pick truth," she said, narrowing her eyes at him. "So tell me, are you in love with Stiles?" Derek froze, staring at the ground. He opened his mouth to say something, deny it, but he couldn't really talk. He didn't know how to answer it. "Oh my god," Lydia gasped, covering her mouth with her hands. "Shut up!" she squealed. "You are in love with him!"

Derek felt Stiles tense up beside him and he was too afraid to look over. Instead, he took a deep breath, pushed back the urge to cry from embarrassment, and left the room without saying anything else.