Bonus Chapter: The Honeymoon

Börja om från början

"I'm so sorry...I should watch where I'm going. I'm so sorry," he was trying to hold onto Dani's hands to apologize but Jax pushed him away.

"He apologized, Jax." Dani patted her husband's hand, pleading with him to sit back down.

"Is everything alright?" the stewardess asked. She quickly assessed the scene and brought a few small towels for Dani to dry herself off with.

"Are you okay?" Jax asked. "You want me to kick his ass?"

"Whoa...calm down there. I haven't seen you this protective since the time I spilled pancakes on a customer at the diner. I'm fine. It's just a spilled drink. Nothing major. I'm more worried about—"

"About what?"

"He touched my hands. You know what that means."

Jax looked over at the balding man who was sweating profusely. He had a paper napkin in his hands that was coming apart due to it being drenched with his sweat. He used it to pat at his forehead, causing a piece of the napkin to stick to his head. Jax took Dani's hand in his own, "Don't worry about him. Just focus on me."

Dani nodded, but a nagging feeling in the back of her mind told her it wasn't going to be that easy. As the flight continued, Dani and Jax both found themselves eventually drifting into sleep.

"Save me Henry! Please save me!"

He saw his wife, tied up, a gun to her head. She had blonde curly hair and a mole just beneath her right eye. She was crying.

"Not until I see the money," a male voice threatened. "I won't let her go until I see the money."

His wife was sobbing, her body jerking against the rope that held in her in place each time he pressed his gun into her temple.

"Let her go. Please let her go," Henry cried. "Grace never hurt anyone! We've been married for forty-two years."

"You came all the way here empty-handed? I guess your love isn't as great as she said it was."

His finger tightened around the trigger, before pulling it back.

Dani awoke with a gasp.

"Are you okay?" Jax whispered. 

Dani looked around to see everyone sleeping in the plane. She turned to Jax and shook her head. He wrapped an arm around her and kissed her temple, "It's okay. I'm here."

Once they landed at the airport, Dani kept her eyes on the bald man that had fallen on her. Jax went to pick up the luggage while she went to rent a car. The bald man was there as well. Before stopping to think about it, Dani called out, "Henry!"

The bald man turned around and frowned. He hurried towards Dani and whispered, "It's you? I thought we were going to meet up at the hotel?"

"Huh?"

"I have the money. Please...just let my wife go."

"I don't know what--"

The bald man grabbed Dani's shoulders and shook her, "I want my wife back."

"Let me go!" Dani tried pushing herself away.

"Not until you let me see my wife," he tried dragging her away but Jax came barreling at him, knocking him to the ground. 

"Jax, stop!" Dani cried as she watched her husband punch the bald man.

A few minutes later, airport security had them all detained in a small white room. 

"So you're saying he grabbed you," the security guard said. "And your husband saw and became upset."

"He was trying to drag her away. Of course I'm going to do something. She's my wife," Jax said, giving the bald man a dirty look.