Chapter 23

Strong arms wrapped around her waist and Dani's eyes slightly opened. She felt kisses tickling down her back and she grinned.

"Good morning Apple Jax," she said softly, a smile on her lips.

"Good morning, Panda Eyes."

"Considering your two black eyes, you look more like the Panda Eyes than I do," Dani giggled.

"Touché," Jax chuckled as he placed a hand over his face, "Dani, what are we going to do?"

"One, you're going to stop making decisions without talking to me first. Two, we're going to have breakfast. Three, you're going to make said breakfast."

Jax's lips turned upward in a lazy smile, "Dani, did I ever tell you that I like this bossy side of you?"

"I'm not being bossy."

"What's this? The feisty side of you? I know that side very well," Jax mumbled, his lips against her neck.

"Jax, I'm serious about what I said last night."

"You said a lot of things last night Dani. We both did."

He was avoiding the subject and Dani's brows knitted together.

"About your brother. I think we should lure him in."

"I'm not taking the chance of using you as possible bait to catch him," Jax rolled away from Dani and out of bed.

"It's our only option," Dani sighed. "You don't have any proof from the past and the only reason he's contacted you was to tell you to break up with me. So if you don't break up with me, it's pretty reasonable to think that he'll contact you again."

"Dani, I understand what you're trying to do and I appreciate it, but-"

"But what? If we don't at least try and stop him what's going to happen next? Who will he go after next?"

"I actually had a theory," Jax said softly, buttoning his pants. "Do you mind getting your sketch pad for me?"

A few minutes later, they were both sitting in Dani's living room, a sketchpad in front of them.

"You drew a wolf when Gladys was attacked. Can I see it again?" Jax asked.

Dani rummaged through her sketchpad and pulled out the picture, "This was it."

"We thought it had to do with Los Lobos locos but other than your dream we couldn't prove anything. That fire almost killed Gladys. There was actually someone else in the fire with her. He didn't make it. They're still trying to identify him."

"What?"

"Besides Gladys, there was someone else in that warehouse. Don't worry about it. My point is, Roberto and I thought Los Lobos Locos were the ones behind Gladys' abduction. I can't exactly go up to Roberto and his brother-in-law with this sketch and tell them that you dreamt it. It was just a hunch we originally had and you verified for me."

"So you think Los Lobos Locos were behind Gladys being hurt? Then how does your brother, Carter, play into all of this?"

"Dolores was also targeted."

"That's true," Dani closed her sketch book. "You aren't thinking that..."

"I am."

"That your brother is somehow involved in Los Lobos Locos?" Dani finished asking.

Jax nodded, "I do. It's the only explanation."

"That's insane. Why would he go through so much trouble? I thought gangs had initiations and stuff."