Chapter Nineteen

A/n

Okay guys here it is.

The final chapter.

I will not cry.

I. will. Not. Cry.

Oh who am I kidding I'm totally going to cry!

This chapter won't be very long. It's short, but sweet. I promise.

Ok so I guess some of you were a bit confused with the voting of Lin's superhero name.

You were supposed to comment on the name you wanted, not direct message me!

It's fine though. I enjoyed making a few new internet friends!

And those votes were accounted for as well as the ones from Instagram and tumblr.

Ok so sit back, relax, and get those tissues ready be said here we go!

Chapter Nineteen

"I THOUGHT YOU AND LIN WERE still gazing into each other's eyes

"I THOUGHT YOU AND LIN WERE still gazing into each other's eyes." Natasha said. I chuckled and Steve blushed slightly. "How do we look?"

Steve took out a tablet and handed it to Natasha. On it was the names of the people we were to train.

"Well, we're not the '27 Yankees." Steve said.

"Or the '01 Yankees." I said remembering the awesome first game of the famous New York team. (I had a front row seat. It was pretty awesome!)

"We've got some hitters." Natasha shrugged.

I looked over her shoulder and read through the names. I stopped when I saw a certain name. I looked up, confused.

"Infinity?" I said. Steve grinned.

"That's you." He said. I raised an eyebrow.

"Me?" I pointed to myself, still confused. Steve nodded.

"I knew that was one of the names you were considering. This one was my personal favorite." He said. "So I had Fury put it into the system. You are now Infinity, an honorary avenger." I jumped around excitedly.

"That's amazing!" I exclaimed.

"Infinity..." Natasha said. "I like it. Suits you very well."

I gave Steve a kiss in thanks and didn't stop smiling. This meant that I finally was a real superhero!

"They're good." Steve said going back to the rest of the new team.

"They're not a team yet." I said, half reminding myself.

"Let's beat 'em into shape." Natasha said. "It might take a while."

"I have time." I replied. We came to the door and Steve turned to me.

"You ready?" He asked. I nodded.

"As I'll ever be." I said. "You got this Cap." He smiled at me.

"We got this." He corrected.

We pushed open the doors of the main training room. The group turned to look at us.

Rhodes opened his War Machine suit to see us. He nodded to me and I smiled. Rhodes was smart and had tons of experience. It was Tony's idea to bring him. A great addition to the team.

Sam flew down in his Falcon suit. He looked very excited. Sam was skilled and pretty awesome. He was Steve's idea. I of course had immediately agreed.

Vision floated in the middle of the room. He looked ready for anything. (Love that guy and his awesome cape making powers!) Thor had chosen him for the team which was no surprise. Those two had gotten along pretty well.

Finally, Wanda turned around and grinned at me. Her powers were growing stronger which made her even more amazing. I gave her a small wave. I was so proud of her!

Natasha and I stood behind Steve, waiting for him to speak.

I looked around the room, taking it all in. I stared, wide eyed at my new home, my new friends. My new family.

I closed my eyes for a second, sighing in content. Tonight would be my first night here.

Tonight, I would sleep.

Right then, I knew this was going to be how I would spend my long life. I would dedicate my life to the Avengers, the old and the new.

I was accepted here. I was among people who didn't think I was weird of a freak.

Surrounding me were people who cared. People who actually shared my thoughts and feelings.

I knew what my new life would include. Helping others, being a superhero, saving the world, being with Steve and my amazing new friends.

Being Infinity.

After all, I had all the time in the world.

"Avengers..." Steve started. I jumped in front of him before he could finish his sentence.

"ASSEMBLE!"