Chapter Sixteen

A/N

HEY GUYS GUESS WHOS NOT DEAD? ME! YAY!

Sorry I've just been busy with school and stuff. Finals are coming up (ew) and I'm graduating middle school soon. (Yay!)

Everyone is going crazy so I haven't really had the chance to update soooo... Yeah.

Enjoy a long overdue chapter sixteen! *confetti falls from the ceiling* 

Chapter sixteen

I TOOK A DEEP BREATH AND RAN A hand through my hair

I TOOK A DEEP BREATH AND RAN A hand through my hair. After all these years, I was going to tell someone the story. I hadn't told anyone after all this time. But I knew I could trust these guys. After all, we've been through a lot together.

"I saw myself in my... my home from the 1500s." I started. "I lived there with my... Friend. His name was Tom. Tom Harris. We were inseparable, did almost everything together when we weren't working on his small farm. He didn't care that I was a woman, just that I was happy." I smiled softly.

"He took me in after I was being chased by someone and I just didn't leave. I didn't want to and he didn't want me to." I continued. "And after a while, I guess our friendship turned into... something more." I paused, remembering the day we both realized we loved each other. A magical day for the both of us.

"We fell in love, and for a while, it was perfect. I didn't believe in marriage and he respected that. He even knew that I was immortal. Tom thought it was magical, that I was his guardian angel." I laughed. "I knew I would have to leave him someday, when he died. But I didn't expect it to be so soon. He was going fishing down at the river and asked for my help. I refused and insisted on going to the market." I closed my eyes.

"By the time I had gotten back, he was dead. He had fallen into the river and drowned. Some of the neighbours found his body." I held back tears. "So in my vision, it started out normal. It was a conversation we had so long ago. When we first said we loved each other, our first kiss... God I'm getting all emotional just thinking about it" I laughed sheepishly.

"But then it changed. I saw him saying it was my fault he was dead. He hit me and screamed at me. That he never should have helped me in the first place." I continued. "That he never loved me... that I was just nothing to him." I gave a shaky breath.

"I guess that's my worst fear." I said. "That after all those years, he never loved me and no one ever will." I looked at the ground, not wanting to see the judgement I knew I would get. I let a few tears out but quickly wiped them away.

"Sorry," I said. "I'm getting all emotional for nothing. It wasn't real, I know that." Steve put his hand on my shoulder in comfort. Tony pretended to wipe away tears.