Chapter Fifteen

Chapter fifteen

I WALKED INTO AN ALL TOO FAMILIAR room

I WALKED INTO AN ALL TOO FAMILIAR room. The sun was setting and a slight breeze blew in from an open window.

There was a bed with blue sheets and a white dresser and vanity. A bookcase full of books and a painting of a couple on the wall. The room was a soft blue and there were dark brown wood floors.

It was my bedroom from Tom's house.

I stared at the room from the doorway. How did I get here? I was in the church with Wanda a second ago!

Then it hit me, Wanda has accidentally shot me with her powers. I wondered what I would see.

The room went black and I was pulled to the bed my an invisible force. I was forced to sit down and I faced the door.

Slow footsteps approached the doorway. Not the familiar, happy, light step of the Tom I loved. These were heavy, terrifying steps.

Thunder boomed and lighting crashed. A beam of light flashed against the door way.

There stood Tom, wearing the same smile that he had for all those years. Tears welled up in my eyes.

"Tom...?"

He walked into the room and sat down on the bed next to me.

"Are you happy here Lin?" He asked. I remembered this conversation all too well.

"Yes Tom," I replied, I knew every word. "Of course I am!"

"I want to thank you for all your help." He said shyly. I smiled.

"Thank you for letting me stay." I replied. "I love this place so!"

"Good." He said. He slid closer to me and held my hand gently. I leaned into him, my head on his shoulder.

"I wish I could stay forever more." I said, my voice barely a whisper. He held my chin with his hand and brought my face closer to his.

"Oh Ms. Lin," he said softly our faces grew closer and my eyes fluttered shut. "If only you had saved me." My eyes flew open. This is not how the conversation had went at all. Tom dropped my face and stood up.

"It's your fault I'm dead you know." He said. "If you had not insisted on going to the market instead of helping me, I would be alive."

"No." I said walking up to him, tears pouring down my cheeks. "Don't you dare say that. We both know it isn't true! Say it isn't true!"

"Never." He sneered. "You are a fool, you left me to die."

"Tom please!" I cried. "I love you!"

"How could I ever love a selfish monster like you?" He spat, pushing me back. I stumbled and landed on the bed again. I covered my face in my hands.