XII - SAFE.

XII - SAFE.

"Here you go sir, your flight is on the 26th!"

Giving the over zealous ticket master a pleasant smile, I looked over the tickets to make sure they were correct.

I think Aaliyah would like a change of scenery, even though Italy is unforgettable.

I was just finishing up what I had to do before going out and inspecting the new house.

I had a flight booked for tonight, and I was ready, suitcases packed with my whole closet. Since I left Aaliyah in Terrell's care, I think she should be just fine. 

Hopefully.

I know how stubborn Aaliyah can be, and Terrell might end up hurting her feelings by popping off at the mouth. 

Walking down the street, I passed a small boutique. Noticing a pendant in the window, I entered the small store, a chime signaling that I had entered.

"Good afternoon, sir!" A short, stubby woman smiled, pushing her glasses up on her nose.

She walked over to the window, picking up the pendant off its display holder.

"How much for the necklace?" I asked.

She laughed softly, and shook her head. "Sorry, son, this necklace isn't for sale, at least, not anymore."

"What do you mean, "not anymore"?"

The woman, who's name was Cecilia, smiled. "Some lovely man bought it today, for his wife. Fifth year anniversary...isn't it dreamy."

I rolled my eyes.

"I'll give you three times the amount he paid for it."

I didn't care if some sap was buying it for his 129th anniversary, I had the money to buy the necklace and I was going to get it.

"The man only paid 400-"

"I'll write you a check for 1,200, now." I raised my eyebrows.

She shook her head again, "I'm sorry-"

"2,400."

Cecilia's eyes widened.

"It's for my wife," I sighed, "s-she's dying..of cancer. I promised her that I would get her something special, before she passes. Please..I'd spend anything to see her smile.."

If stretching the truth meant that I could possibly buy the necklace for Aaliyah, I guess I would have to lie.

She frowned, placing the beautiful pendant in my hand.

"Here..please have it. I hope your wife gets better."

I smiled, looking over the pendant. It was a silver heart, sitting in the middle a sapphire gem.

Aaliyah would love it.

Nodding at the woman, she even placed the necklace in a small box. I took the box, and exited the store, quite happy with what I did.

Just coming here gave me the chills.

I wasn't one to be afraid of anything, but Lorenzo..just knowing the fact that he was still alive made me sick.

We were friends, I really don't know what happened..maybe we just..fell off?

He always did have a screw loose.

Pulling up to the warehouse, I turned off the engine. I told Terrell what I was doing; he insisted that I got someone to go along with me. But I wasn't going to put anybody else in danger, not when Aaliyah and I are neck deep in it.

Getting out the car, I sighed.

Taking in my surroundings, I didn't see a living soul in sight. That didn't mean that nobody was watching, though..

Entering the warehouse, the heavy door closed behind me loudly, creaking.

It was dark, and the stench of dead bodies and rotting wood filled my nose.

"So glad you came.."

I sneered, "It was hard to ignore the invitation."

Staring into the darkness, I had a feeling that he was standing somewhere in front of me. He could see me, but I preferred not to see him.

"If I were you, I wouldn't be so rude..Aaliyah just might pay for it."

"You aren't going to get to her." I growled.

"Oh really? Aaliyah looked gorgeous last night, fast asleep in her bed. She looks so peaceful and happy.."

That was pushing it.

"I'll hang your head up on my wall." I growled.

Then his eyes came into view.

His bright green eyes were filled with such hate for me, and if looks could kill..

I'd be hung up on the wall.

"Let's not forget that you and I both know what you're really hiding under that eyepatch, Romelo. I don't think you'd like for Aaliyah to somehow...find out, hm?"

The simple thought of Aaliyah knowing what I was hiding was enough to send my stomach into somersaults.

"I won't let you touch her."

He laughed, ending with a sigh.

"We'll see."

(AN: Oop.. :) picture of Aaliyah and Terrell on the right -> )