XIII - TERRELL. PT. 1

Getting out of the limo, I took in my new home.

A maid took my things inside, and I took in a deep breath.

I was going to be living with a strange man for at least a week.

It didn't matter if Romelo knew him personally, all I knew was that I didn't trust him one bit.

"How do you like it?"

I shrugged.

I really didn't know what to say, I was still a bit upset that Romelo couldn't just take me with him, but I guess that's business..

"Well, trust me, you won't wanna leave when you're with me."

He pushed open his oak colored doors, and I stepped inside.

Romelo was his polar opposite.

Terrell's house was a decorated with silver, almost everywhere. Looking up, a chandelier hung over my head, shining soft light all around.

"Come on, I'll show you to your room."

Following Terrell up the stairs, he told me where I could find him, and where his bedroom was, just in case it was late at night.

"Well, I'm sure you want to get your rest, so I'll leave you alone. See you in the morning," Terrell smiled, leaving my room.

Closing the door behind him, I sighed, yawning.

I guess I could unpack tomorrow..

Finding my shorts, I pulled them on and climbed into bed, turning the lights off.

As soon as my head hit that pillow, I was out like a light.

Terrell smiled, biting into his toast.

"How long have you been with him?" He asked, referring to Romelo.

I sucked in air, tapping my fingers.

"Three months."

The first month had went by so quickly, I didn't even realize it had been three months until Terrell asked. But I'm here now, and I'm not dead, so I'm fine..

Terrell nodded. "Three months..."

So far, nothing extremely terrible has happened. We've had some scares, but we've gotten through it.

"Y'know..I think Romelo really likes you.."

"Huh?" I raised my eyebrows.

"He seems..happier around you. I ain't never seen him smile so much before. I've noticed how he can't stop holding your hand, either."

I shook my head. "We don't have...I don't know what we have.."

I've never really thought about it. Sure we're married, but I honestly didn't know how I exactly felt about Romelo. I like him..but then there's times I don't..

I picked at my eggs, as if they were going to magically reveal how I felt about him.

"It's a love-hate relationship."

"What are you saying?" I asked.

"You want Romelo, Romelo wants you, but honestly, both of you don't like each other very much," Terrell smirked.

I sighed, "You're wrong, T."

He shrugged his shoulders.

"Next time he kisses you..."

I started to zone out, Terrell's words lost in the air. I felt a chill go down my spine, and I turned around, looking behind me.

"Aaliyah? You alright?"

Looking back at him, I blinked a few times.

"Y-Yeah..I just thought something was behind me.."

Something wasn't right..

I could feel it.

Something was terribly wrong.

Climbing out of bed, I didn't bother to turn on the light. I crept out into the hallway, looking left and right.

"Terrell..?" I called out quietly.

I heard movement at the end of the hall, but I was too scared to move.

I called out for Terrell again, but still received no answer. Heading down the opposite direction, I forced my legs and feet to move.

The hallway was dark, and I swore I could hear my heart race in my chest.

I felt like my heart was going to jump out of my chest, or fall down into my stomach. Maybe it was the fact that it was dark..or it coul'dve been that I was sensing danger.

I turned the corner, and screamed.

A hand muffled my yells, and I tried to fight off the unknown assailant.

"Shh..shh..if you don't struggle, I won't kill you.."