XI - BUSINESS..

XI - BUSINESS..

I don't know, I just couldn't stop from crying.

I couldn't describe with words what I was feeling, it felt like someone had pulled out my heart and made me watch as they stomped it into oblivion.

"Please, please Aaliyah, talk to me, please!"

I could almost feel the desperation in Romelo's voice.

Maybe it hurt so much because I cared?

Maybe because I was beginning to like him?

"Aaliyah please open the door, I know you're in there!"

I wasn't saying a word to him.

How was he just going to sell me like that? I had signed my life away to him, wasn't that enough?

Taking off the ring, I tossed it across the room. I didn't care how beautiful it was, it was just a signal of how Romelo lied and manipulated my feelings.

"Aaliyah...please.." Romelo begged, "Open the door..."

Clutching my pillow to my chest, I sniffed, wiping my eyes.

"Please just let me in! Let me explain!"

He didn't have to explain anything, as I didn't want to hear it. He sold me to some random man, and that was what I was worried about.

"Aaliyah.."

Romelo started to pound on the door, but it didn't faze me. He could pound the door off its hinges and I wouldn't give him my attention.

I didn't want to be bothered by him.

"You're going to let me in.." I heard him mutter.

I just wanted to be left alone, I wanted to cry in peace.

Most importantly, I wanted to go home.

Was that so much to ask?

I heard him try the door handle, calling my name repeatedly. I closed my eyes, praying that Romelo would get discouraged and leave.

Now he was slamming his shoulder up against the door, the door creaking with every slam.

Why was he trying to talk to me? I was sold to his little friend, I wasn't his problem anymore.

The door gave way, and slammed into the wall.

"Aaliyah, talk to me!"

I felt him pull me towards him, and I struggled against him.

"Leave me alone!" I screamed, clawing him in the face. He grabbed ahold of my wrists, and pinned them down to the bed.

We were breathing heavily, but I wouldn't even look him in the eye. He didn't deserve my eye contact.

"Look at me."

I looked off into the corner of the room, ignoring his request.

"Look at me," he snarled, gripping my wrists tighter.

Still, I ignored him.

"You wanna be a stubborn bitch, huh? I got something for that."

Suddenly, he crashed his lips against mine, stealing a kiss from me. I was defenseless; Romelo was controlling everything. Biting down on my lower lip, I gasped, and he slipped his tongue in my mouth, dominating my tongue. I couldn't fight the moan in the back of my throat, and I accidentally moaned into his mouth.

He pulled away, still hovered over me.

"Oh, so you still ain't gon' look at me, huh? You still wanna be a stubborn ass bitch? That's fine."

He started to kiss at my neck, finding my sweet spot almost instantly. I still couldn't move, and Romelo used that to his advantage. Sucking on my tender skin, Romelo bit down, causing me to squeal.

He chuckled against my skin, "I'm not gonna let you stay mad at me.."

I felt his hand on my waist, sliding down my hip.

I still refused to look at him.

He pushed my dress down, tucking his finger under the waistband of my panties.

"I think I'm going to have to punish you, hm?"

He had my full attention now.

Romelo smiled, and I started to feel his hand enter my panties. Two fingers rubbed my clit in a circular motion, and I bit my lip.

"Mhm, baby you like that.."

It felt right, but oh..so wrong.

His lips found my sweet spot once more, and I tried to hold in my moans. Romelo dipped his two fingers inside of me, and I heard him groan.

"Ooh baby...so warm inside.."

I fidgeted, my stomach tightening as Romelo's fingers pumped slowly in and out of me. He kissed behind my ear, "Now you should let me explain.." He whispered. "I don't want you to hate me.."

I gripped his shirt, and he made me look at him. My soft moans echoed around the room, and I tried to avoid his lustful eye contact.

"Mm..aah.."

Romelo licked his lips, and sped up his pace. "You betta keep looking at me, I'm serious, Aaliyah."

I couldn't.

He twisted his fingers around, and my grip on his shirt became tighter. "S-St-Stop.." I moaned. Romelo only grinned, and kissed my lips softly.

"Why stop when you and I both know that you like it?"

Romelo held his fingers stationary inside, continuing to rub my clit, applying pressure.

"Ro-Romelo..."

Closing my eyes, I couldn't help but release on his fingers. I heard him chuckle, and he teased me, pulling his fingers from me painfully slow.

I felt so tired..

Opening my eyes back up, Romelo sucked on his fingers, my juices trickling down his hand.

"Next time, shawty..it's gonna be worse."

I fell asleep quickly after that. Before I knew it, the sunlight was peaking through the drapes, softly alerting me of a new day.

Sitting up, I rubbed my eyes, climbing off the bed. The door was still open, it had been busted off a hinge.

Coming out of my room, I slowly made my way downstairs.

It was quiet..too quiet..

Usually I would hear Romelo playing some music, rapping along to it.

But it was silent this morning.

Coming into the kitchen, I noticed a suitcase by the door. Romelo was standing there, staring at a sheet of paper on the counter. He looked up at me, and faintly smiled.

"Good morning."

"Morning.." I quietly greeted him.

He kissed my cheek, and I could feel my face getting hot. Memories from last night flashed through my mind, and I tried to push them to the back of my head.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

I wasn't going to act like I didn't forget that he sold me to some other man, but I wasn't going to act like a complete bitch because of it either.

Romelo sighed, running his fingers through his short curls. Lifting me up onto the counter, he took my hands.

"We may have to move again, baby."

"Why?"

"Lorenzo...he's getting closer. I don't know how close he is, but I can almost feel it. So we have to move, for your sake."

I was silent. Romelo seemed completely worried, something I've never seen from him before.

"But..you sold me to-"

"I ain't sell you to Terrell, never that. I'm paid for him to protect while you're over at his place, so I can handle business today and make plans for our flight."

I bit my lip, "But Terrell said-"

"Terrell got it twisted. I wouldn't sell you to another man, you aren't some dog. I'm gonna be the one protecting you as long as I'm alive."

I nodded, and Romelo squeezed my hands. "How long are you going to be gone?" I asked.

"Less than a week, hopefully. But I'll come and get you as soon as I can, alright?"

I looked down, and Romelo lifted my face up. I had tears in my eyes, and he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Please don't cry...it's just a few days, and when I'm back, we'll do whatever you like."

"I-I'm scared.." I admitted.

I hadn't been away from Romelo since this whole thing started, and I honestly didn't trust anybody else to protect me. I was terrified of what could happen when we got separated, and I didn't want to think of any other enemies Romelo had.

Romelo kissed my lips, and rubbed my thigh.

"I know baby, I know. But I made sure I got the best man to protect you."

I nodded.

"Now go pack some clothes, Terrell's gonna be here any minute."