Chapter 2: The Others

3rd Person POV

Nora sat quietly in the back seat of the car that Erik and Charles had led her to, after she was discharged of course. She played with the ends of the pale, butter yellow sundress they had provided her with, and fidgeted her feet. Along with the dress, they provided brown leather boots that went to mid-calf, a blue jean jacket, a bag for her few possessions, and a new blindfold that had softer material than her old one.

Charles suddenly swiveled around in the passenger seat to look at her after quietly speaking with Erik, though she could hear every word that was spoken if she wanted to, she chose not to eavesdrop.

"Nora?" Came Charles' soft voice.

"Yes, Charles?" Was her equally as soft reply.

"We have some things for you." Erik responded instead of Charles in his commanding voice, though he also spoke quietly. Nora tilted her head in curiosity, there was a rustling sound from the front of the car and then Charles was facing her again. He handed her a pair of what felt like glasses.

"These are special sunglasses, they will work to keep energy from escaping through your eyes. They will somewhat absorb the energy and loop it back to you through the... Um."

"The things that hold the glasses on my face? The ear handle thingies?" She questioned. Erik chuckled at her wording and Charles smiled, though she couldn't see it she could hear it when he replied.

"Yes, Nora. The ear handle thingies." He repeated, while gently handing them to her. She took them and closed her eyes before taking off the blindfold, she placed it on the seat beside her and proceeded to put on the sunglasses.

She was hesitant to open her eyes, she hadn't seen daylight in 9 years, in fact she hasn't seen any color or light except for those in her dreams. Taking a deep breath she opened her eyes, then she blinked to make sure that everything was real.

The colors of the world were more vivid then what she remembered of them from her childhood, they were bright and gorgeous. In fact, they blinded her for a moment, the pain in her eyes made her squint. After a moment, she could see clearly.

The sunlight was dimming and she immediately pressed her face against the window to watch the sunset, it was beautiful. The sky was blue with hues of pink, purple, white, baby blue and darker tints of blue the farther down the sun went. She continued staring at everything with childlike wonder before furrowing her brow. She was curious as to why the colors weren't tinted or darkened due to her glasses.

"Ah, the glasses allow you to see everything clearly and with perfect vision. They can also turn into regular glasses so that people can see your eyes, if you just press that button..." Charles trailed off, watching as she fumbled with her glasses before locating the small button on the side. With a small click, her eyes were suddenly revealed.

To say Charles was surprised would be an understatement. Nora's eyes were revealed to be red, like a demonic looking red. His eyes went wide and he was about to say something when they slowly faded to reveal brown eyes. Big, brown, warm, chocolate-y, sparkling eyes. They were warm and filled with confusion at the moment, due to his slightly horrified expression.

Charles cleared his throat and smiled at the young girl, who gave a sunny but still slightly confused smile back.

Nora was a bit shocked at the two men's appearances as well. For one, both were younger than she thought they were. Charles looked younger with pale skin and rosy cheeks and lips. His eyes were a sparkling blue and his hair was short, brown, and curly. Erik, on the other hand, looked older, more worn than Charles did. He had a slightly darker skin tone than Charles, while Erik was still pale, he was not as pale as Charles. Erik had blue eyes as well, though they were also mixed slightly with a grayish color, like the sky and the ocean combined together during a raging storm. His hair was short, dark, and curly as well. All in all both were very young and both quite handsome.

After Nora was done looking at the both of them, she looked down at herself. Her milk chocolate brown skin was turned golden in the fading sunlight, and she could see all the hairs on her arms that had been bleached to a golden color from all the time under the sun in the institute's garden.

Her hair had grown down to her butt, it was wavy but not out of control. Her dark brown locks tumbled down her shoulders and back, her hair had volume and was silky soft and had a healthy shine to it. Her side bangs fell over her left eye down to her cheekbone, she gently moved them out of her eye sight with the tips of her fingers.

"I'm sorry Nora, but at the moment we have nothing for your hands. I think you'll have to hold onto those gloves for a little while longer." Charles said apologetically. Nora shook her head.

"It's alright. Thank you, Charles." She murmured, smiling again. She gazed out the window once more, studying and memorizing the vibrant colors of the outside world. She even studied the boring interior of the car they rode in, it's grey and black seats and walls made her sad. So she looked away from them, rolling down her window to stick her hand out of it. Nora gently leaned her head against the car door and smiled as the wind blew her hair back, caressing her face as they flew by.

After a little while of driving, the sun was almost completely gone from the sky, the sky took on a pink/yellow/blue/purple tint. Nora slowly stepped out of the car, trying not to touch anything even with her gloves on.

"Come, Nora. Let's get you settled." Charles said, gently taking her elbow and guiding her to the front doors of the CIA building.

Nora looked at everything on the way to her room, and once she set her stuff down, she studied everything else as Charles and a woman named Moira guided her to 'the others.' Finally, they came to a stop at a room after walking the hallways of the truly boring building.

Nora was nervous. She had never met anyone like her before, besides Erik and Charles. What was she supposed to do when she met them? What should she say? She had no idea. She hadn't held a civil conversation with anyone besides Charles and the nurses at the mental institution. And the nurses, didn't like talking to her. They usually just gave her medication and one word answers when she asked questions. And Charles, well, Nora thought that it would be a bit of a challenge for anyone to have anything other than a civil conversation with him.

"Now Nora, there is no need to be nervous. The people in there won't bite." Moira assured. Nora didn't feel any better. Charles chuckled and placed a comforting hand on Nora's small shoulder.

"Do not worry, Nora. Everything will be alright." Charles murmured. Nora slightly relaxed but still wrung her hands together as the doors opened.

Charles guided Nora inside and introduced her to the six people sitting in chairs and couches around a coffee table. Nora paid no mind to Charles as he babbled on, instead she looked at the various faces.

A blonde girl, in a black dress with matching boots and blue eyes stared curiously at her. A boy with glasses sat next to her on the right side of the couch, he wore a plaid shirt with tan khakis. His shoes were large, but still looked too small on him. To the girl's immediate left sat a blonde boy. His blue eyes stared into Nora's brown ones. His golden skin was unmarked and looked smooth. He wore a white shirt with a leather jacket, blue jeans, and black and white converse. He also had a butt-chin, which made Charles lips twitch in amusement for he was listening to her thoughts while speaking. To butt-chin boy's left sat a red headed boy, he wore a red shirt with jeans, the clothes seeming a tad too big for his lean frame. On the last couch sat two people, both whose skin matched Nora's to some degree. A girl dressed in all black with knee high boots and a black leather jacket. The male had darker skin and an Afro, he wore a blue shirt with dark pants.

All in all, the seemed okay. The others seemed normal. But everyone knew, that normal was not what they were.