10-Guns are horrifying

Haven's POV:

(40 minutes before Hunter found Haven in the bathroom)

I had just left the cafeteria when I felt something very awful about to happen in my pants, so I hurried to my locker and grabbed a pad. Then I ran towards one of the girl's bathroom's in the big school.

I locked myself inside one of the stalls and quickly fixed it. It didn't take long before I was finished and could leave, unfortunately that isn't exactly what happened.

Suddenly I heard screams coming from outside the bathroom and then gun shots.

I walked towards the bathroom door and slowly opened it. I knew what was happening and I knew that this was one of the dumbest moves I've ever made but I did it anyway.

I peeked my head out and the vision my eyes saw would forever be burned into my head. There were students lying on the floor, screaming and bleeding. But some were quiet and completely still with blood coming from their heads or chest, they were dead.

I felt my heart raising and my breath get heavier, "fuck fuck fuck" I mumbled as I quickly moved away from the door and shut it. "I need to get out know".

I started looking around the bathroom to see if there were any way to get out of here. My eyes spotted a window. I quickly ran up to it, hoping it would be open. But I t wasn't. I need something to break it open with.

I looked around the bathroom once again. But there was nothing in there for me to use. I felt the hopelessness wash over me as I gave up. I leaned my back towards the wall and slide down to the floor with my hands covering my eyes.

So this is how I'm going to die. The shooter will eventually check the bathroom too and then I'll be dead. I thought as I felt a few tears fall down on my face.

I sat there on the bathroom floor crying and feeling hopeless trying to figure out a way to get out of this alive. And then I remembered that I had seen one of those fire extinguishers right outside the bathroom. It was right across the hallway outside, if I could get a hold of it and then make it back here I might live.

I pulled myself up from the floor and wiped the tears off of my face. And with determination and my survival mode on the highest level I made my way over to the bathroom door once again.

Slowly I opened up the door and looked through the hallway to see if the shooter might be there. But I couldn't see any trace of the person so I took a small step outside and looked through it once again just to be sure.

When I couldn't spot anyone I ran as fast as I've ever ran across the hallway and to the fire extinguisher.

Quickly I grabbed the thing, it was heavy and I could barely carry it with my weak arms. "Shit" I muttered to myself as I accidentally dropped it to the floor, making an extremely loud noise that echoed through the hallway.

I bend down and picked it up again, now I've got to hurry. I ran back into the bathroom with the heavy thing in my arms. I shut the door behind me but unfortunately there was nothing in the bathroom I could block it with so that would haft to do.

It was so quiet outside of the bathroom now, that scared me.

I walked up to the window and started banging the fire extinguisher on it. It started to break quickly and glass shattered everywhere. Some got on my skin and I started to bleed but that didn't matter, I was full on survival mode right now.

The window had finally broken enough for me to be able to crawl through it so I laid down on the floor, filled with pieces of glass, on my stomach. It hurt but I didn't care.

Slowly I started to crawl outside and I was halfway through when I felt someone grab ahold of my ankle and pulling me back into the bathroom. I tried to kick the hand off of me but it was impossible, it was so strong.

The person dragged me back into the bathroom and swung me around so I no longer was on my stomach but my back instead. I felt a knot forming in my stomach when I saw who it was.

"Kathrine?" I looked at her with surprise. "What are you doing here?" I asked.

She smiled weakly at me "Oh dear, I was just about to go grocery shopping when I saw all of those students running out of the school. I got scared and ran in hoping to find you which I did. I only dragged you back in here so you wouldn't hurt yourself more on the glass honey. And oh god all those students outside, how could anyone do that?"

I looked up at her with relief, she reached out one of her hands to me to help me up. I took it and she helped me up on my feet.

"Your bleeding" she said with fear. I just hugged her and she stumbled back a little. I started to cry into her shoulder. "Everything will be fine my dear" she said comforting me while petting my head slowly with one of her hands. And that's when I felt it, a sharp pain go right through my stomach. I let go of her and stumbled backwards.

I looked down on my stomach with wide eyes, blood was coming out of it and a lot of it too. I placed my hands on it trying to stop the bleeding. I backed further away from her. "W- what did you do?" I asked in shock as I hit the wall with my back and slowly glide down to the floor.

She looked right into my eyes and said "Didn't I always tell you not to trust anyone?". I looked down to her hand that was holding the gun. She killed all of those people.

I felt my eyelids get heavier and heavier, I'm about to pass out from blood loss.

"I had to do it honey, I'm sorry. He made me" she said before grabbing a little not out of her pocket and a small needle. She walked up to me and pinned it to my leg. I screamed in pain from the gun wound and the needle going into my skin.

"Just a message from him to you". Those were the last word I ever heard from her before passing out.

><><><

Hunter's POV:

I looked at the floor with horror in my eyes. Haven was laying there with blood all over here and a needle right into her leg. It looked so painful and awful.

And next to her were her foster mother, she had a gun in her hand and her head was blown out. She had shot herself.

I ran up to Haven and threw myself to the floor. Quickly I checked her pulse, it was weak but it was there. Her foster mother was impossible to save so I didn't even bother checking hers.

I lifted Haven's body up in my arms and ran out of the school. A medical team had arrived. "HELP, PLEASE HELP ME" I screamed at them as I ran over to them.

One of the available ones ran up to me and took Haven from me. He quickly checked her pulse before placing her in one of the ambulances. "We need to get this one moving NOW" he yelled at his team.

He then turned towards me, "Are you coming with?".

AN: Hi, long time no see hehe. But finally a new chapter is up and I hope you all enjoyed it J