Chapter 42: Doesn't Belong

Start from the beginning

"Unlike Dream Shade, it will not kill, but if touched, you will be temporarily paralyzed and will not be able to move. Each of you will dip your weapons in squid ink." I watched as they made a line to dip their weapons in the ink. One by one they each dipped the tip of every dagger, arrow, and spear in the jelly like ink. 

I smirked to myself, this was mine, all of it. Every boy, every word they say, every move they make. Its mine. And they love it. After all, I'm all they have.

"Now back to normal training." I say as the last boy dipped his small dagger in the ink. I smirked down at him and revealed a second bar. He smirked his baby teeth and ran off with the bar. I chuckled. 

I ordered some of the boys to go on a hunt with their new weapons and hopefully they will bring me back something other than an animal. 

I watched as the Boys fought, climbed, and shoot together as a secured unit. We were one and no one can break that bond I have with my boys. Whether its from fear, loyalty or love, they will stick by me.

Felix emerged from the thick dark jungle with an expression I knew too well. Disappointment.    

I kept my eyes on the rest of the boys as Felix slowly strode towards me. "Find anything?" I ask in a monotone voice, even though I already knew the out come. 

"No luck Pan." He huffed. "Must me glamoured. Can't seem to find a trail." 

I sighed. "That's what I feared you say." I say glancing at him from the corner of my eye. He had dark circles under his eyes, dirt tainted sweat rolling down his forehead, and bloodshot eyes. 

"Are you feeling well Felix?" I turn to him.

He raised his fingers to his temples. "I'm fine, just worn out I guess." He said leaning against the tree.

"Oh, well, to bad. Until we find the traitor no one sleeps." I snap. Silence followed my words, but not long until a yell was heard.

"We found the traitor!" A Lost Boy yelled out of breath. "Come!" He ran back into the jungle, many others following. Me and Felix exchanged hurried glances before running after the boys. 

"Come on!" He yelled again from the front of the mob. We ducked and jumped until the boys suddenly stopped.

The boys circled around something and they all went silent. There where hushed whispers and boys kept looking back at me. 

Fury filled my chest and I pushed past all the seemingly frozen boys.

"Whats this all-" I began before stopping myself to unbelievably look at the mess in front of me. "I thought she died?" I heard someone mutter. 

I gulped quickly. "She did!" I snapped over my shoulder. "It doesn't look like it!" John stood out the crowd. 

I stared at her. After Wendy left, I let the boys believe whatever they wanted, and it seemed they thought she was dead. So after all these years I started to believe it too. 

The boy who found her stepped up. "Well...she might be dead for real now.I shot her with an arrow." He said looking down.

"Dimwit!" John said pushing the young boy( who look about thirteen) to the ground(John was seventeen).

"I didn't know it was her! She was a bird!" He yelled, tears forming in his eyes, "She was the most beautiful bird I'd never saw on Neverland, so I shoot her." He said in a mesmerizing distant voice.

"Shape shifting." I mutter, still looking down at her still body.

"Someone check if shes dead!" Nick yelled. I highly doubted she was alive, but after all shes been through I had a feeling she wasn't dead.

She a dark stain on her chest slowly leaking where the arrow stood erect in her flesh. Her arms and face bruised. 

John approached her and keeled, pressing two fingers to her throat. He stayed like that, brow frowned. He stood up with sad eyes and shook his head. "Nothing."

A sad aura feel over the boys, eyes on the ground.

"Take the damn arrow out her chest will ya!" Felix yelled from behind me. Fear spread across his eyes, but he did as Felix. He slowly wrapped his hand around the feathers and pulled. 

At that second, Wendy's chest rose to the sky and a loud gasp came from her mouth. She sat on the ground, her eyes dashing from each pair of eyes to the other. I secretly wished someone would do something before her eyes meet mine. 

"Wendy, how are you not...dead?John asked, her eyes met his and she looked down. I was grateful for John breaking the silent. 

She looked down at he chest and pulled something from under her shirt. A necklace. "Johnson's necklace. It saved me. The arrow only nicked me." She said quietly. 

I looked at her in Disbelief. I cleared my throat. All eyes turned to me, including Wendy's. I licked my lips. "Put her in the cage." I order firmly. Nobody moved. "Didn't you hear me! Now! Cage!" I yelled. Some of the boys grabbed both of Wendy's arms and pulled her up. 

They walked back down the path out feet made back to camp and I stayed still. Slowly everyone left. All but John and I.

"Why?" John asked more like a plead.

I looked at him with narrowed eyes.

"Because," I turned around and started to walk back to camp, "She doesn't belong."

Sorry this is really bad. It was kind of rushed because every 10 min my brother was asking if he could use the laptop. So yeah I love Pan. YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY. HE'S BACK! Okay, I love you guys! Bye!