31

He was pushed to the ground instantly, five strong boys towering over him with smirks across their lips.

They beat him. They beat him so severely that he began coughing up blood. He gasped for air, lumps of blood pouring onto the concrete.

He squeezed his eyes shut, failing to endure the sharp pain spreading through his entire body with every kick or punch. It was so unbearable that he couldn't help but let out faint groans every time he got kicked.

He couldn't cry for help. She was near the gates and he was scared that she'd hear him. He couldn't risk it.

She was all that he thought about while taking the beating. In his mind, he scolded himself for telling her everything that he did. Even while he was in pain, he always managed to find flaws in himself.

Tears flooded his swollen eyes, stinging once they ran down the scars cut through his face. He winced, feeling the salty liquid sink into the slits mercilessly.

They were all laughing as they enjoyed seeing him suffer. He hated it but he couldn't fight back. He knew he'd fail straight away.

All he could hear was their loud laughter, his eardrums ringing.

By then, he had already given up. He laid lifelessly, his weak and bruised body being attacked from every angle. He kept his eyes closed, inhaling deeply once he had a shortage of breath.

He took in one last greedy amount of air before everything went silent.

He was gone.