Chapter 2

Hey everybody!

This is Dexter Green's perspective. I know it may seem very vague, all that I've written so far but trust me, it'll all add up later.

Enjoy this part and vote if you like it!

All the love.....

------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------

Dexter POV

Matrimony

That was the only word I'd come to loathe. The problem lay here that the more I dispissed the word, the rest of the world seemed to like it more.

My parents were nagging me to find a wife and so was the world of suit & tie.

My parents told me that the world wouldn't take me seriously if I was single. A wife would assure them of stability. 

Although, my mother also said that she'd like a daughter-in-law to make it equal during family rendezvous. She said and I quote, "Oh you Green men. Both of you get on my nerves. A daughter-in-law would do me good. That'll be an even. We both show you how its done then." 

According to her, it was her way to subtlety put forward her want for a wife for me.

She wasn't such a house maker type mother at all, mind you. She could be the shrew businesswoman when needed. She just knew what part to play when.

Both my parents had made a name for themselves in the business world. I guess their skills just combined and amplified in me. 

They had started it all and made the Green group of Companies or GC as we call it. 

They got GC's name to a revered standard. It was I who had grown it into the global venture it is today. And the two of them never missed an opportunity to tell me how proud they were of me because of it.

All the hard work, late nights paid off.  All those holidays I spent coped up in my office and the endless business books and magazines I've read. It was a very serious up bringing I had decided for myself.

I sometimes wish I'd spent more time messing around with my friends who happened to inevitably be jocks. I was the cool guy, the straight As and the football captain kind of a person. Yet unlike the ones in the movies, I didn't waste time hooking up or chasing girls. Heck, I never even had a girlfriend.

I went to a private school specially made for the elite. 

If you want to achieve great things, you've got to learn from the best right?

Even though we weren't filthy rich back then, my parents wanted to give me the best education. They had let me choose the field I'd like to study in no impositions on me. They had given me my freedom and space to decide. I loved them.

Unlike the other super rich jocks, I took studies and all my extra-curricular activities seriously. Actually, I took it way to seriously. 

An advise to my teen self would probably be to enjoy a little. Graduating at top of my class was something though.

"Mr.Green." Celery said through the door. She worked pretty hard for a new intern. She assisted Clara my secretary. Celery was working to save for her college. She was tenacious. The kind that I admire.

I looked up at her.

"S-sir, May I take off for the weekend?" She stuttered.

Sometimes I think that girl is terrified by me. Otherwise why would she stutter?