Chapter 7

A/N: Thanks for the comments guys! I really appreciate it and am glad you guys are enjoying the story :)

Jordan

***********************************

Chapter 7

"The Iceberg Lounge?!" I gasp as he stops the car.

"Yeah, it's a place everyone hangs out these days." He shrugs.

"And it's also run by the Penguin!"

"Who has stated he changed his ways and found his true calling-"

"Running his usual activities under the guise of a nightclub."

"Nothing's been proven."

"Yet..."

He sighs, "Okay, look, my friend is doing some work there tonight and wants me to watch things from upstairs."

"Your bat friend?"

"Yep."

Ugh... I should have known there was another motive, "What do you need me to do?"

"Have a good time and keep an eye out for anything suspicious."

"Right..." They're probably staying in communication in some way. If I go with Dick, maybe I can see how advanced Batman's technology is. Then, I can try to develop a program that would be untraceable. "Fine, just remember, no pictures cause if my dad finds out you took me here..."

"Okay, we'll sneak by the paparazzi at the front."

He drives around the block and stops at a valet of a restaurant right behind the lounge. "What are we doing here?"

"Just stay close and follow my lead."

A man in a tuxedo walks out with a big smile, "Mr. Grayson, how good it is to see you again!"

"It's great to see you too, Alfonso."

"Ah, I see the rumors are true! Good evening, Miss Gordon, you look lovely."

"Thank you, Alfonso."

Dick turns and whispers in my ear as we follow Alfonso inside, "You look stunning, Babs."

Guess the mysterious black dress that was left hanging outside my closet fits me well... must have been Dinah. My face heats up, "Thanks."

Alfonso leads us through two double doors to the kitchen. Huh, sneaky. He leads us past all the cooks and serving staff to another door. He stops and shakes Dick's hand.

"Thanks a lot, Alfonso."

"Anytime, Mr. Grayson, say hello to Bruce for me." He mumbles something to Dick that I can't hear, but smiles at me afterwards. I awkwardly smile back, knowing whatever was said was about me.

Dick turns and grins as he grabs my hand, "Come on, let's go."

Something in his eyes made me forget about whatever I was worried about before. I slide my arm around his as we walk to an open door across the way. I can see a short and stocky figure standing in the door frame. Penguin. As we get closer, I can smell the stench of cigar smoke and see the pinstripes along his suit. He even wears a monocle. Who wears that anymore? Something about him makes me feel sick, but I push it aside. The last thing I want to do is blow our cover.

"Hello, Mr. Cobblepot." Dick smiles.

"My my, so the rumors are true!" He smiles, revealing his yellowed and crooked teeth.