Chapter 2 || Poison To Vampires

Начните с самого начала

Turning the corner she sees their brown door and pushes herself a little faster, practically jumping through the door. When she enters, Greg screams. "What the f-" He stops seeing Mary and runs to meet her in the hall. "Oh thank the spirits that be. I've been worried sick! What happened? Are you okay? Do you need anything? I'll go get Ander." Greg spirals trying to leave, but Mary interjects by embracing him. Although Greg cannot feel the warmth she emits, she will never miss the opportunity to shower him with affection. That is one thing that is very true about all three of them, they love to give and receive affection. Perhaps it has to do with the constant feeling of not being worthy of it. 

"No, stay. He is probably sleeping, and no one needs a cranky vampire. Besides I'm okay. I have no clue what happened and it has me a bit spooked, but there is nothing me, you, or Ander can do about it right now. In the meantime, I'm going to go shower. When I return, breakfast, and some Nortan before work?" She suggests. 

"Are you really considering going to work today? I mean after what happened. Shouldn't we try to get some answers first? Make sure you are safe." Greg tried, and Mary could in fact hear the sensible logic behind his concerns, but he didn't know what Mary did. 

"Normally I would; however, I have a very important meeting with the Boss Lady at work. I believe this meeting might be attached to a raise, which means..." Mary stopped giving Greg the chance to fill in the blanks. 

"We can get cable?" He all but shouted. If there is one thing that Greg misses more than breathing from his normal life it is the ability to aimlessly flip through channel after channel on his remote when boredom kicks in. Especially, on days when he is home alone. Watching him smile from ear to ear, Mary nods, and he engulfed her into another hug. 

A small sound of pain escaped her lips in the embrace. She didn't mean it to and normally it wouldn't have hurt but her body is still healing from the transformation, and she needs at least another two hours to be good to go. 

Ashamed, Greg quickly releases her and takes a step back. "I am so sorry, Mary." His thick brows squeeze together. "Are you okay? That was too tight."

"Stop. I'm fine. You were excited, and I am too. However, I am going to run upstairs and take that shower. Be back in a bit," she smiled giving him a quick peck on the cheek. When she got to the top of the stairs, Ander had opened his door to reveal the dark abyss that is his room. 

"Good morning," she smiled at him, and his eyes crinkled slightly at the sides as he grinned seeing her face. Ander walked slowly closer towards her, giving her beast the chance to not feel threatened. He only ever acted careful like this with her when a transformation had just happened. They have had many conversations on how to ensure safety and comfort in their friendship. 

Once he is within grabbing reach, Mary pulls him in tight. Ignoring the internal groans. "I'm glad you are okay, Mary." He whispered to her leaning down to place his head on top of hers. A gesture he started doing more and more recently. It always makes Mary feel small and protected, as though he could block all the horrors of her life in that one move. 

"Thanks. I was so worried I had-" She began, but Ander cut her off stepping back, so she could see his face.

"Don't worry about me. I have lived a long life, and death. You are who matters in moments like that. Besides, I'm careful, your little beasty is going to have to try harder than that to pin me down." He winked, giving Mary that smile that is both wicked and charming. A smile Ander seems to have mastered.

She leaned into his shoulder and sighed for a moment. To anyone else it might look like a loving relationship, but to them it was a gesture of comfort. After collecting herself, Mary looked up at him and said, "Even still, I'm glad nothing happened."