Prologue || Cuff Me

† ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞  †

June 10, 1987

I walked into the room, the smell hit me blindly. The metallic, stale delicious scent. I can picture the sweet taste touching my lips, running down my throat, and making me feel alive for only a moment. I enter the room and see her lying there on the couch. Her pulse long faded. Her neck painted red, but I know her veins are empty. I look at the room. Blood splatted across the walls, the tables flipped, pictures knocked on to the ground. In short, the house is a disaster.

"Ander?" I hear from somewhere in the house.

"Jasper, you've made quite the mess, my friend," I smile at the grey-haired man approaching me. For as old as he appears it is nowhere near as old as he is. Jasper lets out a shaky laugh.

"Yes, well we can't all be lucky, and have the compliant ones, can we? I blame it on your looks. Besides, you know I like the chase," he adds. "Help an old man out, and clean this mess up, will you? I'll just go around back and retrieve the car. We left it at the pub right?"

"Were you honestly that pissed that you cannot remember?" I ask, brows moving accordingly to question him.

"No, I just enjoy messing with you. I'll see you in a bit, ya?" He asks, collecting his coat and car keys, whilst I grab a cleaner and towels. "You're a good lad, Ander," he waves, before leaving me to clean the trails. I start by moving the bodies into the kitchen and scrubbing down every inch of the living room. I straighten the furniture, vacuum the glass, and throw out the pictures. When I'm done, and I'm pleased with my work. It's time to leave this apartment, I decide. But that's when I hear it: Sirens. Some nasty bloke called the cops on us! Dammit all to hell, that's what I get for trusting neighbors!

I quickly leave apartment 13 and race down the flight of stairs to the nearest door. I knock as sweetly as possible when being on the run. I know many would say, 'Ander. Why don't you just kill the bloody coppers, who try to take you into custody, for killing those two girls?' Well, unknown person in my head, that would be bloody stupid of me, seeing as I'm trying to keep a low profile!

"Who is it?" I hear from behind the door. The woman must be at least in her twenties like me, well the age I look like at least.

"Package delivery," I announce, that sounds reasonable.

"At this hour?" She questions. Bloody hell, just open the damn door! I scream in my head, upon hearing footsteps marching up the stairs. But sure enough, the door opens. I push past the woman, covering her small mouth with my hand, and closing the door quietly behind us. Moving us until we are nowhere near the invading cops. I swear, despite the times, they seem to just be getting more and more troublesome. You'd think the pitchfork and bonfire days would have been the most annoying. 

I look down at the small human in my arms, keeping my hand firm on her small face. It perfectly encompasses her. Giving even enough my fingertips to sink into her  I give her my most menacing glare, which if I do say so, can be pretty damn terrifying. "Are you going to cause me problems, if I remove my hand?" Lifting a brow as if daring her to try. Her brown eyes meet mine with fear, but she shakes her head 'no' with a firmness I quiet respect, for a human at least. "Alright." I lift my hand from her soft features and she instantly takes step back. I tend to have that effect on people. Well, that or make them frozen with my good looks and charm. I can't help the small smile that forms on my lips at the thought.