4) 11 years old

(I don't have a picture of Sammy for this chapter so I used a picture to describe the scenery of the wedding😂)

   -Sammys pov-

   I frouned as my mom fixed my tux, "Why do I have to go",I whined knowing this wedding was going to be boring.

"Because they're our neighbors and it's impolite for you not to show up",she snapped before handing me my dress shoes.

I rolled my eyes before slipping on my shoes and walking to the car.

The only good thing about this is that I get to taunt Brook about how her dad is finally marrying Kim after several years of postponing it.

We pulled up to the outside venue and I climbed out of the car. All of their family that flew into town were already here.

My parents and my brother and sister took a seat while I while I went and adventured the area.

Then I saw her, I walked up to her slowly. "Hey Brooklyn".

She stopped what she was saying to the girl in front of her and turned to me with an unpleasant look.

"Who's that",the girl spoke behind her.

"This is Samuel",she spoke with a sigh.

"Sam",I corrected her.

She rolled eyes, "Whatever, this is my cousin Lilliana",she told me pointing at the girl she was talking to who looked about our age.

We waved at each other awkwardly before I turned back to Brook, "So Brooklyn, are you excited",I spoke with a fake smile.

"About what...",she asked suspiciously.

"You know... About Kim becoming your mom".

Her confused look dropped to a look filled with rage, "She will never be my mom, it doesn't matter if she's married to my dad",she yelled.

I crossed my arms, "But by law she WILL be your step mom".

Brooks face started to turn red, "I don't care about the law".

I loved when I got her blood boiling, "Whatever Brooklyn, I'm gonna go sit down",I laughed.

She simply huffed before turning back to her cousin.

I walked over to the table my family was at and sat down, "Where were you?",my brother asked.

"Just talking to Brook",I grinned.

"Oh your little girlfriend".

My grin fell right off of my face, I turned to him slowly. "She's not my girlfriend".

He simply laughed before turning over to talk to my mom.

The ceremony started, I sat with my arms crossed in the chair, this is that part I was dreading for. I have to be quiet and still when all I want to do is the exact opposite.

After about an hour it was finally over and it was time for all the adults to dance and for the kids to do as they please.

I pushed through all of the people dancing with drinks in their hands.

I noticed Brook walking through the crowd also, she was moving quick.

I began pushing faster to catch up to her, "What is she doing",I mumbled.

Suddenly she was out of sight, I stopped and looked around confused. Then I noticed one of the table cloths moving. Did she really climb under table?

I walked slowly to the table and lifted up the long table cloth that touched the ground. She sat there under neath with her head in her hands.

"Um Brook",I spoke awkwardly.

She looked up at me, her eyes filled with tears, "Go away Samuel".

I got down on my knees and crawled under the table letting the cloth fall behind me leaving it almost completing dark under the table.

"Why are you crying?",I asked.

She looked up at me with hatred, "You know exactly why".

I sighed knowing that it was true, she didn't want her dad to marry Kim.

"You knew that they were going to get married eventually",I spoke quietly.

She snuffled, "Yeah but then theres people like you who make me feel 10x worse about it".

My head hung low, "I'm sorry",I mumbled.

She didn't say anything, instead she layed down on the grass. I was alittle shocked because she's always scared about ruining her dresses but I didn't question her.

We sat in silence for a minute before she spoke again, "I miss my mom".

I looked over at her, "Where is she?".

"In heaven",brook spoke with a shaky breath.

I couldn't speak, I just sat there looking at her.

"My dad moved on to Kim a year after she died. Only a year, that's all took",brook said as she started to cry again.

I looked down, "You know I didn't mean all that mom stuff, I was just trying to make you mad. I didn't know-",I started to say.

"It's whatever",she interrupted.

I decided to change the subject, "Do you ever want to actually go to school?". Brook is home schooled, she has been since she moved here.

She nodded, "Yeah but my dad won't let me".

"Oh",I spoke quietly.

"Thank you",she suddenly said.

I looked at her confused, "For what?".

"You're the first person I told about my mom and it kinda felt relieving",she shrugged.

"Well umm, your welcome I guess",I spoke awkwardly.

The two of us sat under the table for the rest of the night talking about random things, I told her what school is like, and she told me story's she remembers about her mom.

Once everyone started leaving we climbed out, my mom came up to me, "Let's go home kiddo".

I nodded before turning to Brook, "By Brooklyn",I grinned.

"Bye Samuel",she said back.

I left the wedding that night promising to never mess with brook again... Little did I know that was far from true.