3) 10 years old

Brooks pov

"No no no,Dad you can't send me there",I cried.

"Brook it's just for a few hours , we'll be back this afternoon",Dad told me.

"But that little monster Sam lives in that house",I whined.

My dad chuckled, "He's not a little monster, he's a boy".

I rolled my eyes and huffed.

"I know the two of you don't get along but you will be just fine. As I said before its just for a few hours",my dad said with a light smile.

"Okay",I groaned.

"Thank you, now let's get you over there",my dad said before grabbing my hand and walking me next door.

Mrs. Wilkinson opened the door and smiled down at me, "Hi Brook".

I lightly waved.

"By sweetheart! Be good! I love you!",my dad said before leaving me alone with my neighbor.

"Come in",she smiled.

I walked in slowly.

"What is she doing here",someone yelled.

The terror him self, I looked over at the shaggy haired boy who makes me mad on a daily bases.

"She's staying here for a little while her parents go run a few errands".

"You mean my dad and Kim",I corrected her from saying 'parents'.

She awkwardly nodded.

Sam looked over at me and had a mischievous look, oh great he's planning something.

"You two run off and play,",Mrs. Wilkinson smiled.

Sammy and I awkwardly walked off together.

"Why didn't you just go with them?",Sam asked.

I shrugged, "I don't know, that's what I asked".

"Do you think it has something to do with Kim?".

I shot him a glare, "What do you mean".

He shrugged and sat down on his bed, "I don't know, she's just kinda..... She's kinda a bitch".

I gasped at his word choice, last time I checked kids our age couldn't use that language.

"I mean the other day I rode my bike though y'alls garden and she yelled at me",he stated.

I looked at him dumbfounded, "Well duh, you can't just ride your bike through our flowers".

He rolled his eyes, "Whatever, do you wanna play some video games?".

"Umm no thanks",I said as I looked at the games he had laid out on the table. It ranged from Madden to zombies to call of duty. The only video game I've ever played was a Barbie adventure game.

"Okay suit yourself",he shrugged me popping in a zombie game.

I watched him play for a bit before getting grossed out and leaving. I went downstairs and plopped on the couch.

"Are you okay sweetie?",Mrs wilkinson asked.

"Just bored",I shrugged.

"Well why don't you and Sam run down the street to the ice cream shop",she said before calling Sammy down.

She handed us 10 dollars before we began walking to get ice cream.

Sam and I were over half way there and we hadn't talked to each other at all, which was fine with me. But then I felt something hit my back,I saw a small marble sized rock land at my feet.I turned around quickly to face Sammy.

He shot me a confused look, "What?",he questioned.

"Did you just throw a rock at me?".

"Why would I do that?",he laughed.

"Never mind",I shrugged before turning back around.

Not even a minute later I felt it again, "Sam",I snapped.

"What?",he said throwing his hands up.

I huffed and kept walking until I felt something hit my back for the third time.I stopped in my place and turned to him placing my hands on my hips, "Knock it out".

"Knock what out!",he exclaimed.

I walked closer to him, "Remember last year when you attacked me with water balloons, did you forget what happened to you",I spoke sternly.

He immediately covered himself with his hands, "Calm down brook, I didn't even do anything".

"Whatever Samuel",I said before turning back around.

Once we finally got to the ice cream shop we each ordered ice cream cones.

We walked out of the ice cream shop with the cones in our hands and sat on a bench that was at the park across the street.

As soon as Sammy sat down little rocks poured out of his pocket.

I frowned, "Oh really, it wasn't you".

"I don't even know how those got there",he stalled.

I crossed my arms, "Liar!",I yelled.

Before anything else that could be said I felt something cold drippindown my face.

I gasped as Sammy laughed at my ice cream covered hair.

I couldn't even speak, I was so shocked.

I looked at the icecream cone that was still gripped in my hand.

I shoved it right into his face, his laughing immediately stopped.

We stood there starring at each other waiting for someone to make the next move.

"You're such a bitch",Sammy suddenly yelled.

My mouth rung open, "You're the one who shoved the ice cream on me first".

"You're still a bitch",Sammy said before turning around a starting to walk towards his house.

My blood was boiling, I probably looked like a tomato at this point.

"I hate you Samuel",I yelled.

He turned back to me with a large smile plastered on his face, "I know".