Eleven: Questions

Start from the beginning

"How did you find out? Draco and I swore we'd never tell anyone." Hermione's voice trembled with fear. "If anyone knew what happened, we would be expelled. That... That thing Petrified over fifty people that year, including some Professors. Dumbledore almost closed Hogwarts. You can never tell anyone."

"Oh, a little bird told me." I smiled. 

Draco glared at me. "This isn't funny Isabella. Who told you?"

"Well, I-" I was interrupted by Ginny. 

"Why didn't you tell me?" Ginny asked Hermione. "I told you everything. I thought you told me everything."

"Ginny," Hermione began. "I didn't want anyone to know."

"And I wouldn't have told anyone!" Ginny said. "But you clearly don't trust me!"

"Ginny, I do trust you." Hermione said. "You're my best friend."

 "And you were my best friend. Best friends tell eachother everything Hermione. Emphasis on the word everything. Goodbye Hermione." Ginny said, storming out of her dorm.

A few minutes later, Ginny stormed back in. "This is my dorm, get out of here!"

"Fine." Hermione said. "But I'll be back." She left the dorm and disappeared down the stairs.

"Draco, why did you save her?" I asked him.

He sat down on the bed. Ginny chose this moment to say something. "Um, I'm just gonna...go."

She left the dorms, probably to go find Demelza, her new friend. 

"I saved her because... I don't know. Instinct?" Draco said. 

"You had a crush on her, didn't you?" I asked him quietly. 

He nodded. "I still do. I don't know if I like her or Emily more."

"Then pick neither." I said. "Go for someone else. Someone that's right in front of you, yet you haven't noticed they're a girl yet."

I was talking about Adele of course. It was obvious she was totally crushing on him, but Draco, being the git that he was, hadn't noticed anything.

"Yeah, you're right Is. I think I just really need to think on it though." Draco told me. 

I sighed. "Finally, now I get it. Myrtle was the one who told me, by the way. She wants me to be her friend because a Gryffindor I know didn't come back and visit her at all after they got out of the Chamber." 

"You talked to Myrtle?" Draco asked, stunned. "I hate Myrtle. She's creepy, and always flirting with me."

I giggled. "She flirts with you?"

Draco nodded. "Yeah. She said that if I ever died we could share a stall."

I burst out laughing. "Ooh, Draco's got a ghost girl admirer!"

"Shut it, Is." Draco said. 

Draco's really upset, I could see that. So I stopped laughing. I didn't think he was upset because of me laughing. It might be Luna's disappearance. Eh, Kase is probably gone too. I haven't seen him in a few days.

"Draco, I'm really scared." I said quietly. 

"Yeah? Me too. I'm worried about Luna." Draco said. 

I put my head on his shoulder. "I think Kase is gone too. I haven't seen him in a few days, have you?"

Draco shook his head. "No. Adele's been asking me, and I've been looking for him, but he's just gone. I don't have the heart to tell her."