Day 136 ∥ takuto ver

__

"I don't believe it. (F/n) is never going to act like that without a proper reason..." Hiro nods at Kenshi's words, Takuto's phone in his hand.

Across them, Takuto fiddled with the chopsticks in his hand for a second before grabbing some rice and eating with a grumpy pout on his face.

The bell chimes behind them, as Atsumu welcomes three university students, two of them were noisy while it was mostly the guy with them who dealt with Atsumu.

"Okay, so you're taking one pork cutlet..." Atsumu's voice seemed to fade into the background as his eyes remained fixed on the book lying on the trio's table.

Hiro seemed to notice where Takuto is looking, and peeked for himself. "Oh! That's Kuro's original novel right?" He said a little too loudly, catching the attention of the students.

"Kuro?" The student with bob cut hair starts. "As in... Kuro Kitsune?" She finishes, eyes fixed on Hiro. He nods, smiling like he usually does before pointing to Takuto-- who was still staring at the book.

"We're both avid readers." He grins, diverting the attention to said male who glared at him at the corner of his eye.

The attention of the three students were on them, and were now moving over to the table in front of the counter where the LRN trio was sitting. They all took a seat next to each other around the table, the short haired girl pushing up her glasses and bringing out the said book properly out of the paper bag it came with.

"I'm Shiro Hane. A university student at Y University, these are my classmates." The same girl introduces herself before gesturing to her friends. The other girl grinned at them, flashing a peace sign. "I'm Maeno Yume and this is my brother, Yuta." She gestured to the same man who ordered for them, he gave a timid smile, showing a dimple on his cheeks.

"That's nice." Kenshi comments, before snapping out of it and introducing his self. "I'm Inagaki Kenshi. I work as a firefighter." He says, smiling at Yuta who was staring at him. "I'm Sarashina Hiro~ an art student at N university!" He cheerfully introduces his self before gesturing again to Takuto.

"This is Hirukawa Takuto. He's an office worker." Hiro blabbers, with Takuto looking at him in annoyance.

"Are you all fans of Kuro-san's works?" Yume asks, and Takuto immediately answers with an "It's 'senpai' for you." To which Yume asks again.

"Eh? Really? Is she a year older than us?" To which Kenshi shakes his head. "She's working." He informs, Hane looks at her friend. "Sorry sorry, we saw Kuro-senpai's question and answer recording from three months ago and thought that she's also a student, she sounds young." She explains instead for friend, Takuto gave a snort.

"Yeah and she acts like a child." Yuta moved his eyes to Takuto, head tilting to the side. Kenshi noticed and blurted out. "Ah Takuto is like that because he's pretty close with Kuro in real life." He felt Takuto's shoe hit his leg under the table. "Ouch."

"Eh?! Really?! Then you've met with Kuro-senpai?! What does she look like?!" Yume asks Takuto, eyes sparkling. "She looks... fine..." Takuto answers, averting his gaze from Yume's.

"Ah but that's Kuro's new book right?" Hiro changes the topic as Atsumu came out with the food the three had ordered, they took it eagerly and said their gratitude before starting to eat.

"Can I... see the book?" Takuto finally speaks up, the last piece of his sushi between his chopsticks in the bowl. Yuta swiftly grabs the book from Yume's grasp and hands it over to the blond beside him who immediately checked the plot at the back.

"That story's an epistolary turned novel... well that's what Kuro-senpai said in the magazine interview." Yuta explains to Takuto, eyeing the male who was fixated on reading the back of the book. He flipped it over and Takuto's forehead slowly started creasing as he stared at the very first page of the book. It was just one phrase, in the middle of the plain page.

Sometimes I wake up, still not believing that everything is real, for you were beside me. Smiling faintly, thinking I couldn't see it.

Curious and agitated, he flips to the end of the book, and another quote was there.

「ありがとう、傍にいてくれてけど・・私たちの物語は終わった。」

And for some reason, Takuto felt that it was fun to let a tear slip down his cheek, in front of strangers.

__

* "Thank you for being by my side but.. our story ends here."

lmao no this isn't over yet

!!

Guys tell me if this is still glitching