Chapter 1 - [ Kids ]

Start from the beginning

One time, they actually locked me inside the girl's restroom overnight. I couldn't get over how useless and scared I felt that day. To add to my misery, I didn't have my phone with me. Since I always keep it inside my bag.

I tried hiding the fact that I got bullied from my parents so that they would not question me, a part of me doesn't want to be a burden, but the other part of me felt embarrassed by the fact that they had a loser as a child. Trust me, the thought of suicide has been flicking on and off inside my brain, but I kept telling myself, "you can do this y/n, only 4 years. Go get that grades, graduate and get out of this place." My classmates treated me like a virus and never as humans. The last 4 years have been hell.

Tears swell up my eyes as I tried to contain the pain that caused a permanent scar on my heart. I wipe up my tears, as I knew that starting tomorrow, everything will be all right. I won't have to hide from the bullies anymore. I am proud of myself, that after all that happened, I still manage to get into a very good university here in Seoul and that itself gave me the energy to get up from my bed and tidy up the remaining pile of books that are scattered around the room.

I choose a major that I have wanted to do since I was a little girl, I knew right away that I have to be an artist when I find out I love drawing and always will, I am always inspired by pieces of artworks that people created, and that made me wanting to do it even more. Drawing has always been my way out of my dark horrible life. It has given me somewhat a source of light, an escape. I have decided to register myself for the music club that seems to interest me. Taehyung and I used to jam out to our favorite cartoon theme songs, until this day, I still love how music affects my body and mood in a good way.

*****

Freshmen are required to go drinking with the seniors as it's their first rule for joining the club. I end up going, because, it seemed to be a good way to find a friend. The seniors are nice enough to take us out and to get to know each other.

"Ah, wait-wait, don't order first, another freshmen member will be coming in a minute. He just texted me that he will be late." One of the seniors stood up to notify the group.

"I'm here!" a familiar voice and figure show up in front of the restaurant entrance. His hair brown, with some blond highlights, he is tall and lean.

My heart sped up when my eyes land on his face, the last person on earth who I wanted to see. Why is he here? I thought to myself,

no, it couldn't be. There's no way.

I hated his existence the most and yet, he is everywhere to ruin my life. I tried hiding my face so he does not recognize me, but he ended up sitting right across of where I am. He glanced at my face, for what feels like an hour and I sat there, feeling uncomfortable under his intense stare. Please, don't recognize me, please don't say anything. My heart shouted.

"Nice to meet you." He speaks in his low and raspy voice, which made me jump. Still giving me a piercing stare. I gave him a nervous nod, not noticing my hands shaking as I bit my lower lip.

It is obvious that he knows who I am, but for some reason, he acts as if he does not. I don't know if this is a good thing or not.

There are about 20 people on the table right now, and the restaurant is full of people bickering as it gets deeper into the night. Most of the members in my table have gone drunk and some have passed out. I drank 2 glasses and decided to not drink anymore. The seniors tried to make me drink more, but I refused once and they never asked twice. I glanced over to Taehyung, who has his eyes half closed still staring at me this whole time and his cheeks, red like someone had sprinkled some red paint on it. He's drunk. He finished about 5 glasses of beer, each one with a shot of strong soju. I am surprised that he is still able to open his eyes.