Time Will Stand Still

"We did it," I murmur against Jessie's shoulder. My eyes are closed and I'm leaning into his body.

"I'm yours now. If you'll still have me." I look up into his mesmerizing black eyes and see a longing hidden there.

"I'll always want you." He responds and then our lips are against each others.

I don't even remember going in for the kiss I just meet his lips halfway and despite our cold skin a fire burns between us; like its flames can only be kept alive if we stay in contact with one another. My hands reach up and tangle within his black hair. His hands slide down my back and hold me there, my legs come up and wrap around his waist and then my back slams against the wall as Jessie holds me there. Our kisses grow more frantic until Jessie starts to kiss down my neck. Time seems to slow down; it's not as frantic but still as intense.

"Forever?" He asks.

"Forever." I reply my eyes fluttering as his lips tickle my skin.

A sudden stinging sensation snaps me out of my daze and I see a trail of black blood running down my arm.

What are you doing? I ask Jessie, clenching my teeth.

You said forever, I'm making sure we stay together. His words echo inside my head and then he with draws his fangs from my neck.

I remember what Alwood said about sharing power through blood. He tilts his head to the side exposing his jugular beneath his pale white skin. I hesitate for a moment, is he just using us? I think, making sure that Jessie doesn't hear. He puts one and behind my head and pulls me face towards his neck. I let his hand guide me without resistance, my worries melting away and press my lips against his skin. It feels warm to me but I know that his skin must really feel like ice. I kiss his skin once and then draw back my lips to let my fangs grow. I press them against his skin slowly making sure that I'm doing the right thing. I hear him sigh briefly as I break skin and then the sweet taste of his blood fills my mouth. I feel him shift beneath me and then I feel his fangs back in my neck completing the circle. My neck throbs in time as Jessie drinks and my hands grasp at his shirt. I hear a tearing sound and then finally I draw away from his neck, black blood around my mouth, and feel him with draw from my neck as well. I press my lips against his as soon as possible and grip tighter around his waist. My hands run down his back exploring every inch of his skin, then I move them to his front and run them over his chest. He turns around supporting my weight without the wall and then a cold wind whips my hair around us. He never breaks the kiss and then I'm lying down on the soft white sheets of his bed. He moves his kisses slowly away from my mouth and down my neck all the way to my arm. My cold skin seems to grow warm and I feel alive for the first time in weeks.

"Never leave me?" He asks

I reach my hand up and place it on his cheek. I smile at him and then move my hand to his neck. I pull his face down to mine, never wanting to have distance between us again.

"I promise," I whisper against his skin. "I'mnever going back."