Who are they?

So sorry in advance this is my first book and if love to hear comments for ideas!!! I hope you don't hate it 🙃

*Few days before school starts*

"Hey, Mariah over here!"
Madelyn was calling me over to the table she was sitting at. At the table was the group of my friends that always got together on Thursdays. Sitting down you had Logan, Edmond, and Jayden; who were the schools athletic guys. All three of them loved football, which meant hanging out with the regular slutty cheerleaders; Candace, Skyler, and Kyra. It's kinda required for football players to hang with the cheerleaders, but they don't actually like them... Or so I thought. These girls had it out for me, wanting nothing more than to see me single and without Madelyn. (Who I will call Maddie a lot)

The other people sitting at the table were more from the quieter side of high school. You have Keenan, Damien, and Chris standing around trying to join the conversation. All three of them had a very strange and oddly funny side but Damien especially was kinda the black best friend everyone wanted to be around.

As we were just trying to enjoy our pizzas and fries the stupidest thing happens.

"Oh look who it is." "Looks like the geek squad to me." Says Skyler and Kyra, but little did they know Chris moved out of the way and uncovered Kyra's biggest crush.

"Sup guys" Logan says defensively. As we all sitting there laughing at this amazingly ironic situation.

" Oh I didn't see you guys there" and they continued talking very flirtatiously.

"Hey do you need to go to the bathroom?" Maddie asked while winking at me. Maddie has liked Logan for the longest time and can't stand it when those nasty girls talk to him.

After calming her down we went back to sit down and boom! Skyler is make one out with Edmond! Me and Edmond might have dated ,but I was totally over him and into someone else ;). So may thoughts were going through my head not about him but about that bitchy cheerleader with her tongue half way down his throat. Maddie thought it would be a good time to go and we snuck out without anyone noticing... Except Damian. He walked us out but it was pretty quite I didn't know why this was bothering me so much... I mean I broke up with him but whatever... He will get what he deserves eventually.

Damien walked me and Maddie to our car but we insisted on not letting us ruin his night.

I spent the night at her house so we could continue the gossip fest. But we came to the conclusion that We didn't think Skyler had heard I broke up with Edmond yet. So this really just confirmed another attempt by them to keep us single forever.
                      ***************
I don't know why they hate us so much... Except for the fact we r awesome. Maddie and I weren't even the most popular girls in school but you couldn't tell that from our friends. Between the jocks and the nerds we pretty much had the bases covered but with summer coming to an end and senior year about to start, there is a lot more drama coming our way... Trying to enjoy these last few days without drama is going to be harder than we thought because it clearly seems to follow us!

Oh my gosh I know this is awful!!
But I'm gonna keep trying ugh...
Sorry if there are errors, and comments would be greatly appreciated!