She laughed "If you are having such difficulties why not leave and quit acting as though you belong her"

The girl next to her laughed as well "Yes you really are bringing down the quality of our little family"

I rolled my eyes "As amusing and fun as this is, I would honestly rather be anywhere else"

"What is our company not good enough for you?" the girl asked.

"Ignore her, Agnes. She can act all high and mighty but she will still never belong here" Annabeth said, coldly.

"That is enough from you!" I yelled, wondering where this courage was coming from "I am sorry that my presence alone seems to only bother you, but that is your problem, not mine. Therefore, I request you leave me be and find someone else to taunt"

As I started walking away, Annabeth stopped me.

"It is not only your presence that continues to annoy me. You see, you have this quality that makes me hate you so naturally. You are nothing more than a splinter in my foot" she said, hoping to get a reaction.

I shook my head "Annabeth, I no longer care anymore. Leave me be or I will make a note to learn how to make you"

Without waiting for a response, I walked down the staircase, absolutely fed up of the negativity that continued to be a pain.

"Well it is about time you stood up to her" I heard Killian say.

I looked over, seeing Killian walking beside me.

With others around, I could not openly discuss anything with him.

"You are bound to break my heart with how you are choosing to ignore me" he said, trying to sound upset. 

I looked back at him, shaking my head.

He laughed "Everyone will find out eventually that you can speak to the dead"

"Not today" I whispered.

I entered my room, finding Samuel there, looking at the diary.

"There you are" Samuel said, looking up at me.

"I wonder if he is developing something for you. It would explain why he wants to be around you so goddamn much" Killian said, scoffing.

I shut the door, trying to ignore Killian.

"What are you doing here?" I asked Samuel.

He put the diary down "I just let everything settle in and I'm now here to help"

"Here to help? In other words, he has nothing better to do with his time and he's quite keen on you" Killian said, continuing to find it all so amusing.

"How do you plan to help?" I asked, taking a seat beside him.

Samuel looked at me "I thought that maybe we could work on your power. Like every other gift that a vampire has, they are capable of choosing when it works and how much it works"

Killian sat down on the vanity seat "Look at that, he is trying to play teacher. Please, if you want someone helping you, pick someone whose power is actually powerful"

"Oh would you shut your mouth!" I yelled, looking at Killian.

I closed my eyes, realizing that I had made an outburst.

"Excuse me?" Samuel asked.

I looked down "Not you. I am speaking to Killian"

"Killian?" he asked, shocked.

"Yes, he will not leave me alone" I answered.

Samuel looked around "Where is he?"

I pointed to the vanity seat and rolled my eyes "He is becoming quite a pain"

"Oh dearie, you say the sweetest things to me" Killian said, smirking.

"Though dead he still knows how to get his point across" I muttered.

"Killian is dead, Cordelia. He cannot harm you, so everything he is saying to you, you can send right back. For instance, I never enjoyed being around Killian. The only reason I chose to continue visiting him was just so that one day I could go there and find him dead" Samuel spoke.

I smiled "How long have you been holding that on in?"

"Quite awhile" he admitted.

Killian stood "If I were alive, I would kill him right in front of you"

I looked back to Killian "Yes, well you are not alive and if you were and tried to cause him harm, I would return the favor right back to you"

Samuel laughed "There you go"

"How can I get control over this?" I asked.

"Like every gift it takes patience and commitment" Samuel answered.

"Patience and commitment" Killian mocked "Please, it takes pure talent"

"Anything to make him go away as soon as possible" I said.

Killian shook his head "You can make me go away as much as you want, but I will always find a way back in, dearie"

Samuel put his hand over mine "This gift is yours, not his"

I smiled "Thank you. I'm glad that you are helping me so much"

"I will always be here to help you" he said.

Killian rolled his eyes "Yes, purely friends"

"When can we get started?" I asked.

"Tonight, in the garden" he answered "Until then, you should rest, because the first few times will be very difficult if you have little energy"

I nodded "Alright, I will see you out there then"

He smiled and walked out of the room, closing the door behind him.

"Well it is about time that I get to see some entertainment" Killian said, smirking once again.

I shook my head "Let it go,you nasty little rat"

I laid down on the bed and closed my eyes, trying to block out the nonsense that he would keep feeding me, until I broke.