Ch. 17 The friendly Earth bender

Armina, Aang, Katara, and Sokka woke up heading towards an Earth Kingdom Town to collect some food supplies and such to continue their journey. Armina and Aang walked around in a disguise that Sokka forced them in once they spotted Fire Nation soldiers. They were holding hands casually walking into a shop acting like a couple. Sokka and Katara looked around for what to buy collecting fruits, nuts, and some fish to eat for later. Aang started to scratch his furry hair using Appa's fur to cover his baldness looking at Armina. 

" Why do you only have to wear an Earth bender dress and I have to wear Appa's fur on my head" Aang mumbled. 

Armina looked at Aang giggling a little. 

" You look nice Mr. Tatsopolis" She winked at him in a teasing manner. 

Aang blushed playfully glaring at Armina.

" Why thank you Mrs. Tatsopolis" He smirked.

Armina smiled hearing her name looking at the Water Tribe siblings waving at them to follow them out. 

" Let's go Aang!" 

She took his hand dragging Aang out of the shop following the two siblings back to camp when they noticed an old man stuck under rocks calling for help. 

" We have to help him!" Katara calls out looking worried. 

Armina nodded. 

" Don't worry.....I'll help him" She smiled. 

She walked towards the old man reassuring him that she will take him out of there safely. She walked back going into her Earth bending stance trying to get the man out of there but she is still a beginner, and her Earth bending is weak. 

Aang frowned wanting to help, but he doesn't know any Earth bending like Armina. 

Katara looked around when he noticed an Earth Kingdom boy walking by thinking he's an Earth bender calling out to him. 

" Hey! Can you help my friend save this old man stuck in a cave?" 

The boy pointed to himself looking surprised.  

Katara nodded.

The boy frowned but nodded walking towards Armina looking at her, but she was concentrating on saving the old man.

" Follow my lead....." He told her. 

Armina looked at the young man nodding at him. 

Armina followed the young man watching the rocks coming out of the cave releasing the old man safely putting the rocks to the other side. 

" Are you okay?" Armina asked. 

The old man nodded walking away from the group. 

Armina frowned thinking that the old man was a strange one but shrugged looking at the nice young man who helped her. 

" Thanks for helping me! I'm still a beginner on Earth bending" She told her. " I'm Armina, what's your name?" She asked.

The young man stayed quiet looking at Armina and the others sighing a little and smiled at them.  

" I'm...Haru...." He whispered. 

Katara smiled at him standing next to Armina. 

" Nice to meet you Haru! I'm Katara" She introduced herself. 

Haru looked at Katara and nod. 

" Where....are you guys....heading?" He asked. 

Katara and Armina smiled. 

" Just to camp and have dinner and then sleep," They told him. 

The boys looked at each other. 

" Why are the girls somehow friendlier towards that guy?" Sokka asked. 

Aang frowned shrugging to himself watching Armina talk to the new guy with a smile feeling envy that Haru gets to have Armina's smile. 

Sokka looked at Aang and smirked. 

" Someone's jealous~" He teased. 

Aang blushed glaring at Sokka. 

" I'm not jealous!" He pouted. 

Haru looked at the two girls with a kind smile. 

" You guys are welcome at my home and stay the night there," He told them. 

The girls smiled. 

" That sounds great! Guys we are staying there" They spoke up. 

The boys didn't have a chance to deny it sighing and following the others to get there stuff and follow Haru to his home. 

" I'm home! I also brought friends" Haru calls out.

A nice looking lady looked and smiled seeing her son and strangers behind him. She greeted them with a kind smile. 

" Can they stay over for the night?" He asked. 

His mother nodded causing the others to smile thanking Haru's mother. 

They all sat at the dinning table eating soup and meat thanking Haru's mother again for the delicious food that she made for them. 

Haru took the others outside telling them that they are welcome to stay at the barn to keep their companions accompanied. 

They looked at Appa who is happily eating hay since he hasn't ate a properly good meal since Kyoshi Island. Momo was on top of Appa searching for bugs and eating them which Appa didn't mind since he has befriended the little guy since they first meet.

" This seems nice. Thank you Haru!" Katara smiled. 

Katara walks to Appa to get their supplies out spreading her sleeping bag on the hay. Sokka and Aang went to help as well. 

Haru walked out ready to close the door but was stopped by Armina. 

" Haru....." 

Aang looked seeing Armina and Haru talking frowning to himself wondering if Armina has taken a liking to the Earth bender. 

" Yes, Armina?" Haru blinked. 

Armina smiled and bow. 

" Can you teach me Earth bending?" She asked. 

Haru looked surprised but smiled. 

" Of course. Meet me outside of my house early in the morning" He told her. 

He ruffled Armina's hair walking out of the barn closing the door. 

Aang glared where Haru stood feeling jealous thinking that Haru just asked Armina on a date unaware it's just an Earth bending practice. He watched Armina lay on her sleeping bag which she thanked Katara and started to sleep next to her. Aang jumped on Appa watching Sokka laying on the saddle covered with his blankets. 

" Hey, Sokka?" 

Sokka opened an eye. 

" Yeah, Aang?" 

" Why do you think the girls like him?" 

Sokka hummed. 

" I think he's the nice shyly types that girls like and think it's cute" Sokka mumbled " Just go to sleep," He told him. 

Aang nodded laying down staring at the ceiling of the barn slowly closing his eyes falling into a deep unaware the dangers that are going to happen early in the morning.