Ch. 5 The Avatar's Guardian

Aang gripped on the rope tightly looking around for the Fire Nation's ship. Katara and Sokka also helped him search for the ship. 

" Where could the ship be?" He whispered. 

Katara looked at Aang knowing he's worried for Armina. 

" Guys! Look it's Armina" Sokka called out. 

Aang looked seeing Armina running out of the ship but was stopped by Prince Zuko. He watched them fight feeling proud of his best friend. His eyes widened when he sees Armina doing a Fire Nation pose and shoot her own fire at Zuko who quickly blocks it with his fire.

" ARMINA!" Aang called out to her. 

Armina looked to her left up at the sky seeing Appa flying towards her with Aang, Katara, and Sokka on him. 

Zuko smirked taking it as his chance to attack her. 

Aang's eyes widened taking his glider out. He jumped off of Appa heading towards them. He sees Zuko use his fire to shoot at Armina gripping on his glider swinging it to create air blowing the fire away. 

Katara quickly held the rope flying Appa looking down worried for the two. Sokka watched with curiosity never seen someone dodge fires like that before. So, he's impressed with Armina's skills.

Armina looked surprised that Aang saved her from getting burned. She turned her head from him glaring at Zuko. 

Aang opened his glider flying towards the ship. He closed his glider rolling down on the ship getting up glaring at Zuko as well. 

" Hey! You could have hurt her" Aang snapped. 

Zuko rolled his eyes. 

" Get away! I'm dealing with the Avatar" He growled. 

Armina watched them. 

" Aang!" She called out. 

Aang looked at her best friend in the eyes. 

" Armina!" He shouts. " I'm glad you are safe" He smiles at her. 

Armina smiles at Aang. 

Zuko looks at them with an annoyed expression.

" Now that you finish being reunited. I'm here to take the Avatar with me" He speaks up. 

Katara noticed the soldiers approaching Aang and Armina from behind. She turned her head back to look at Sokka. 

" Sokka! I want you to fly Appa towards the ship and drop me off. I'm going to help them" She told him. 

Sokka looked at his sister like she was crazy.

" Just do it! They need our help" She glared at him.

Sokka sighed crawling up to Appa's head holding the ropes watching his sister walk to Appa's back staring at the ship.  He got close to the ship looking at Katara mouthing out to her to be careful seeing her jump onto the ship running towards them. 

Armina stood in front of Aang staring right at Zuko. 

" If you want the Avatar, you have to go thru me" She told him. 

" Armina....." Aang whispered. 

Zuko carefully stares at Armina and then at Aang realizing who the Avatar actually was all this time. 

He growled at Armina. 

" You trick me!" He shouted. 

Armina smirked. 

" Still surprised that you fell for it" She pulled her tongue out on him.

Zuko shook in anger. 

" I hate it when people trick me" He growls at her. " Now tell me. Who are you really?" He asked her.  

Armina stared at him. 

" My name is Armina and I'm the Avatar's Guardian" She told him. 

Iroh watches from the Captain's area staring at Armina hearing her announce to Zuko her true identity. 

' So the Avatar and his Guardian has returned to the world' He thought. 

" Interesting......Zuko should be careful" He whispered. 

He peacefully drank his tea. 

Zuko stared at Armina wondering what a Guardian is. He only heard of the Avatar while growing up in the Fire Nation Kingdom.

" Doesn't matter if you are his Guardian. I will defeat you and take the Avatar with me!" He shouted. 

Armina got serious running towards Zuko. 

Aang watches in worried when he sees Katara struggling to fight against the soldiers by using her water bending skills. 

" Katara!" 

Aang looked at Armina knowing she can defend herself. He ran towards Katara and jump in front of her blowing air sending the soldiers flying off the ship.

" Thanks, Aang" Katara smiles. 

Aang nodded. 

He turned heading back to Armina feeling scared that she'll get hurt by Zuko. He stopped watching Armina and Zuko fight. 

Zuko keeps shooting fire at Armina who jumped dodging the flames. She twirled and stands behind him as he punched his back hitting his pressure points. 

Zuko's eyes widened as he falls on his knees in pain.

Armina giggles.

" That's what happens if you try to take the Avatar from me" She glares at Zuko as she pokes his forehead causing him to fall. 

Iroh looked at his nephew with amusement knowing Zuko couldn't win against Armina since she is the Avatar's Guardian. 

" Woah....." Aang whispers still finding Armina's fighting style to be cool. 

" Let's go, you guys!" Sokka shouted. 

Armina, Aang, and Katara ran out of the ship as they climbed on Appa. Appa roars and flies away from the Fire nation ship. 

Iroh walked out from the Captain's area watching the heroes leave with a smile seeing Zuko being carried by his men towards him. 

" Uncle! Why wasn't I told that the Avatar has a guardian?" Zuko asked with a growl. 

Iroh simply shrugged. 

" Men! I want you to follow that flying beast" Zuko ordered. 

Iroh looked at him. 

" Tea?" 

" NO!" Zuko shouted. 

He felt his body come back to him as he tells his men to let him go. He turned around and walked inside the ship slamming the door behind him as he heads to his room to think of ways to capture both the Avatar and his guardian.