Ch. 3 The Avatar and his guardian returns

Aang was sleeping soundly remembering what happened at the storm jolting up. His grey eyes were wide looking around in panic. 

" Armina!" He shouted. 

Armina was taking a nap guarding Aang when she heard her name. She opened an eye seeing Aang awake and looking scared. 

" Aang?" 

Aang heard his name looking to his right surprise to see Armina. He sigh in relief glad that his best friend is okay and nothing bad had happened to her. 

" Armina! You're okay" He smiled. 

Armina looked confused but smiled at him reassuring the boy that she was okay. She looked at him with worried eyes. 

" Are you okay Aang? You didn't hurt yourself did you" She frowned. 

Aang shook his head. 

" I'm fine. I felt like I slept for a long time" He laughed. 

Armina laugh nervously rubbing the back of her head looking at him worriedly. She didn't know what to tell him that they were asleep for a hundred years. She remembered Katara explain to her what happened since their disappearance. 

" Aang...."

The curtains to the tent opened revealing Katara and Sokka. 

" Hey you two!" Sokka looked at them. 

" How are you both feeling?" Katara asked. 

Aang looked at Katara with wide eyes. 

Armina looked at her best friend having a feeling that he just developed a crush on the water tribe girl that saved them. 

" H-H-Hey?" Aang mumbled. 

Armina smirked giggling to herself that Aang is an idiot for trying to make himself look cool in front of the girl. 

" We are good. Thank you for saving us Katara....Sokka" Armina nodded. 

" Katara....." Aang whispered. 

' Can't believe the brat is falling for her. He just met the girl. She seems like a nice girl and all but I don't want him to get hurt. Besides, he can't get distracted since we need to train and all' Armina thought. 

" That's good" Katara smiled.

Sokka walked pass Katara leaning at the two curiously staring at them. 

" So what are you two?" He asked. 

" We're-" Armina gets cut off. 

Aang looked at Armina as if they read each others mind. 

They nodded. 

" We're Air nomads from the Southern Air Temple" She told them. 

Sokka eyes widened. 

" Aren't they ex-" Katara covered her brother's mouth. 

Armina stared at Sokka darkly. 

Only Armina knew what happened to her people thanks to Katara explaining it to her. She didn't want Aang to feel distraught if he found out. Monk Gyatso had secretly prepared her in case Aang activates the Avatar state. 

" What?" Aang looked confused. 

" What my idiot of a brother was saying is that we are thrill to have two Air nomads in our humble village" Katara smiled. 

Armina sighed in relief grateful of Katara. 

" Oh! You two have to meet our family" Katara looked at them. 

Armina got up looking at Aang. 

" Are you good to move?" She asked. 

His health is more important than her own. 

" Yeah!" Aang smiled. 

He got up to stretch.

Armina rolled her eyes knowing that Aang is secretly trying to show off in front of Katara. She looked at Katara and noticed she was clueless of Aang's attempts to woo her. She turned to face Sokka who was scratching his back.

" Hey Sokka, I'm hungry" She told him. 

Sokka looked at her surprised and nodded telling Armina to follow him. 

" Oh! I'm hungry too" Aang called out. 

He didn't want to admit it but he didn't want Armina to go out in an unknown area alone afraid she will get hurt by Sokka or someone around them. 

" We mostly have cook fish or and bear meat" Sokka told them.

Aang and Armina both drool at the sight of the delicious food in front of them.

" Looks delicious! We'll eat it!" They smiled. 

An elderly woman approached Katara telling her to follow her. 

Katara nodded following the elderly woman into a tent. 

" What's wrong Gran Gran?" Katara asked. 

Gran Gran looked at her granddaughter with worried eyes. 

" Who are they?" She asked. 

Katara looked confused realizing her grandmother wanted to know about Aang and Armina. 

She smiled at her. 

" Don't worry Gran Gran. That's Aang and Armina. Two Air nomads" Katara told her. 

Gran Gran slowly pulled the curtain back studying the two air nomads when her elderly eyes spotted something which surprised her. 

" Gran Gran?" Katara frowned.

Gran Gran let the curtain go turning around to face Katara. 

" Katara......these two aren't just ordinary Air nomads" Gran Gran told them. 

Katara knew  Gran Gran was referring to Aang being the Avatar. 

" Yeah! Aang is the Avatar" She smiled. 

Gran Gran looked at her granddaughter slapping the back of her head. 

" Ow! That hurt what was that for" Katara glared. 

Gran Gran stared at her seriously. 

" Didn't you pay attention to the story I use to tell you" She frowned. 

Katara looked confused. 

" Katara, what I am trying to say is that the girl standing next to the Avatar is his guardian. From the legends of the Avatar being accompanied by a guardian to travel the world and save it from destruction" She explained. 

 Katara looked at her grandmother surprised pulling the curtain of the tent slightly watching Aang and Armina eat their food while Sokka tells them war stories. 

" Your saying that the Avatar has a guardian which protect them" She whispered. 

Gran Gran nodded. 

" Yes, every century when an Avatar is born, a guardian is born with them. They are bonded on the day they born. It's like their souls are one and connected with each other. Katara, this means the Avatar and his Guardian has return and there won't be any wars now" She smiled. 

Katara looked to Armina amazed that the other girl has a destiny waiting for her already. Not only that Armina will be powerful and she's curious if Armina can bend all elements like the Avatar. She was about to say something when they heard a scream. 

" FIRE NATION!" 

Katara and Gran Gran eyes widened in horror running out of the tent seeing a big black ship with the Fire Nation symbol on the flag. 

Armina and Aang stood up staring at the the black ship standing behind the villagers being careful with their surroundings. 

The door to the ship opened revealing a young man wearing a fire nation solider uniform glaring at the villagers with a smirk.