Ch. 12 The King of Omashu

Aang, Katara, and Sokka follow the guards into the castle seeing guards surrounding an elderly king dress in strange robes. Armina crawled on the walls like a spider monkey observing everything with Momo around her neck staying quiet. The trio stood in front of the King of Omashu feeling guilty for what they have done. 

" Hmm...." The elderly King looked at Aang curiously. 

' If he's here.....that means she's here also......knowing her.....she would be hiding and hearing our conversation. What a smart girl that one is' He thought. 

The guards pushed them down as one of them explained to the King what they have done to the city. A man with them started to scream loudly telling the King to cut their heads for what they have done to his cabbages. 

Armina watched with a worried look. 

' He wouldn't cut their heads for that would he?' She thought. 

" Silence! Only the King decides what he should do to the prisoners" The guard shouted. " What is your judgment sire?" He asked. 

The elderly King leaned forward staring at them. 

" Hmmm....." He hummed. 

He looked at Armina's hiding spot first to Sokka to Katara and then at Aang curiously. 

Armina looked ready to jump down and protect her friends. She watched the elderly King slowly standing up with a hand up in the air. 

" Throw them..... a feast!" 

The room became quiet hearing what the elderly King just said in surprised. Armina looked at the King curiously wondering why he wasn't serious like the usual Kings from different Nations. She watched them go to the dinning room following them not wanting Aang and the others to get hurt. She finally arrived to the dinning eyes widen seeing the buffet and Momo struggling to get food. 

" Momo....you'll get us caught!" She hissed. 

She didn't realized that the elderly King knew she was there but didn't say anything just humming happily to himself. 

" Eeek!" Momo screeched. 

Armina's eyes widened seeing Momo flying to the food grabbing a piece of meat and eating it. 

Everyone's eyes followed where Momo flew spotting Armina on top the cieling wondering how she got up there. 

" Armina?!" Aang, Katara, and Sokka shouted in surprised. 

" Come! Join us at our feast" The elderly King smiled. 

Armina wasn't sure if she should join the others but seeing Aang's worried stare she sighed nodding. 

She jumped down surprising the others including Aang who was ready to use his air to cushion her fall but was relief when she rolled and stood up like nothing happened. 

The guards pointed their spears at Armina while she held a calming expression looking right at the elderly King. 

" Your Highness" Armina spoke up. 

The elderly King smiled seeing his old friend Armina. He told her to take a seat between himself and Aang at the dinning table. 

" Thank you" She nodded. 

She didn't want the elderly King to think of her as a threat. She comply to his wishes walking towards the dinning table sitting on the chair between Aang and the King. 

" Armina.....are you okay?" Aang whispered. 

Armina looked at him with a smile. 

" I'm fine. How about you?" She whispered. 

The elderly King looked at the two young children with a smile having a knowing look on his face eating a piece of chicken.

' It seems he still worries for her well being. O' Aang boy, when will you realize your feelings for the girl' He thought. 

He looked at Armina and Aang. 

" So tell me young lady and bald one. Where are you from?" He asked. 

Aang and Armina looked at each other and then at the King. 

" We're from Kangaroo Island!" Aang spoke up. 

Armina and the others looked at Aang like he's an idiot. 

The elderly King hummed. 

" Kangaroo Island huh. I heard that place is really hoppin!" He eyed them suspiciously. 

The room became quiet and the children stared at the elderly King blankly thinking the same thing that the King in front of them has lost it. Out of nowhere Sokka started to laugh causing the other children to think Sokka has a strange sense of jokes. 

" What? It was pretty funny" He told them. 

The elderly King soon yawn looking at the others. 

" Mmm...all these good jokes is making me tired. Guess is time to hit the hay" He started to move away from them. 

Out of nowhere the elderly King threw two chicken wings at Aang and Armina. By instinct Aang use his air bending to keep it away from him while Armina accidentally use her fire bending burning the chicken to a crisp. Others in the room gasped looking at Aang and Armina but held wary eyes at Armina due to being a fire bender. 

" It seems like we have an Air bender at our presence but please  don't look at the Fire bender with hostility. We are all friends here but these aren't just any Air and Fire Benders. They are the Avatar and his Guardian!" The elderly King announced. 

Aang got serious ready to protect his best friend from the elderly King and his guards. He didn't want Armina to get hurt just because she possessed the element of Fire. 

The elderly King leaned forward. 

" Now why are you two here......." His eyes squinted seriously. 

Aang stood up surprising the others. 

" Okay! You caught me" He raised his hands. 

" Aang....." Armina whispered. 

" I'm the Avatar and I was doing Avatar things with my Guardian keeping the world safe with her by my side. She may be a Fire Bender but she isn't mean like the ones in this world" Aang explained. 

Armina looked at Aang with a small smile and then at the elderly King with a worried stare. 

" My mission is to keep the world a better safe for the future" Aang continued. He pulled Armina up with him wrapping an arm around her neck. " It's good meeting you all but we must be going to the Northern Water Tribe" He laughed. 

Katara and Sokka stood up walking back with them but they were all stopped by the guards looking at the elderly King with worried eyes. 

" You can't keep us here!" Katara spoke up. 

" I agree, I am sorry sir but you have to let us leave" Armina nodded. 

The elderly King blinked. 

" Lettuce leaf?" He started to eat one. 

Sokka looked at them with a worried stare telling them that the elderly King is crazy and that they might die. The elderly King smiled looking right at Aang and Armina announcing that the Avatar and his Guardian will face three deadly challenges. 

" But for now the guards will show you to your chambers!" He spoke up. 

The guards asked him if they should take him to the good chambers or the bad ones. The elderly King and him started to arguing stating to take the children to the refurbish chambers that use to be the bad ones. The guards nodded taking them to the refurbish chambers while the elderly King smiled eating lettuce curious for how the day will go tomorrow. 

'