•1•

Dahyun's POV-

"DON'T COME IN MY HOUSE LIKE THAT!" Eomma shouted as she pushed me down onto the front door step.
"E-Eomma, it's n-n-not my fau-alt, I-I got-"
"I DON'T CARE! STAY OUT!" She screamed as she slammed the door in my face.

I tried to stand up but my leg was in pain from the fall, she had kicked me out as her parents were coming to visit and I had bruises all over myself from her and bullies at school. This wasn't irregular though, she often kicked me out to have guys over and to drink.

There was a place I always went, in an open parking lot that no one ever uses I found a concrete structure in a corner. It had been chipped on the edges but it wasn't too damaged, it must've been an old bus stop or something.

I bought a blanket in a nearby store and kept it there for when I had to come out in my in the cold. It got lonely but I was used to that feeling so it didn't bother me much any more.

People would just walk passed me, nobody really cared about a weird 16 year old cowered away from life.

The occasional person would throw trash at me. Mock me. Tell me things I already knew about how no one cared about me, how I was alone, how it wasn't worth it.

I limped back home in the rain after hours, it was getting dark and I was hoping my grandparents had gone home.

I knocked timidly on the door and my mother answered after about a minute. I hung my head as without saying a word she held my collar and pulled me into the house, pressing me against the wall.

"Eomma, jebal. Mianhae." I pleaded in a quiet and shy voice.
"WHY CAN'T YOU BE LIKE YERI? HUH! WHY DO YOU GET INTO FIGHTS? MAKE EVERYONE HATE YOU?" She asked aggressively. The familiar smell of alcohol filled the whole house and her breath as she spoke.

Yeri was Eomma's best friend's daughter, she went to my school and was incredibly popular for reasons I didn't understand. I did understand she hated my guts and she, along with her friends, would beat me up almost daily.

"Y-Yeri di-did this, Eomm-ma." I confessed as I pointed to my face and more specifically the bruise I had gained from her.
"YOU LYING BRAT!" She insulted as she slapped me before picking me up and then suddenly dropping me on the floor again.

She dragged me out of the house again and slammed to door behind me after saying:
"STAY THE FUCK OUT UNTIL YOU GET CLEANED UP!"

I heard the locks on the other side of the door being fiddled with to keep me out. I sighed heavily before pulling myself to me feet using the wall and slowly walking to my hideout.

The night was cold, I was hungry but didn't have any money after buying the blanket a few weeks ago.

I heard muffled screams, voices, shouting, fights. It didn't bother me as much as the first nights because I got more and more used to it.
"Aww, she's asleep... Perfect." A unfamiliar voice evilly chuckled and I felt a presence in front of me.

My eyes tightly closed hoping I was just dreaming but I soon felt a hand on my leg. I quickly smacked it away, widely opening my eyes to look at the imposter to my make-shift home.

"Please stop." I pleaded cautiously, shuffling as far into the corner as I could.
"Boys?" The man asked the other six behind him but they all shook their heads.

"Jebal..." I repeated with my arms cradling my body to protect myself but he just kept getting closer. Tears were threatening to fall as I felt vulnerable, I had nowhere to turn.

The man got ahold of my school skirt and yanked it slightly down.
"Wait." Someone ordered from behind. I looked at him with hopeful eyes and we seemed to have a conversation in about 5 seconds with no words.
"Hyung-"
"Let's just leave her alone." He reasoned as he held the assaulter's shoulder.