Welcome To Our World

Cassie P.O.V

                I stared at Sophie “Are you sure?”

“Well,” she said haughtily “I either just peed my pants or my water broke. Take your pick.”

“Oh goodness, can you walk?” she tried to get up, but cried out in pain as another contraction came. “How far apart are they?”

“About five minuets,”

“Okay, good, good. Let’s get you changed, and then call Cole and head to the hospital.”

Soon Sophie was wearing leggings and an oversized sweater that we’d had lain out for weeks and we had her suit case and her into the car, and I was calling the school.

“Hello, can you please ask Cole St. Clair to get all his stuff and wait on the front steps? Yes, this is his sister. Thank you,” I looked in the back where Sophie had her eyes closed and her hands clasped over her stomach. We passed her parents house, and I remembered my promise to Jean.

I got her voice mail “Hi, Jean? This is Cassandra St. Clair. We’re heading over to the hospital right now; Sophie’s going into labour and…I think it would mean a lot to her if you came. Even just for a little while. I hope to see you soon,” I gave her the hospitals name, and then hung up.

 “You okay, Soph?”

“Yeah, are we at the school yet?” the fear in her eyes made me want to speed, but today was defiantly not the day to get pulled over by the cops.

“Almost there honey, Cole will be here soon.” A minuet later, we pulled up in front of the school and Cole ran down the steps, threw open the door and wrapped Sophie in his arms.

“Oh Sophie, are you okay?”

She grimaced “I am now,” it was incredibly cheesy, but when I saw Cole kiss her cheek and hold her hand, it only made me feel warm right down to my toes.

“Well you two,” I said, looking at them in my review mirror “We’ve gone through hell to get this kid here, and it’s finally on its way.”

He’s on his way,” Sophie smiled, but it faltered when another contraction hit her full on.

Cole had one of Sophie’s hands in his, the other on her stomach and looked incredibly nervous and worried, but still managed to smile “You mean she’s on her way; I still think it’s a girl.”

“Well, I hope you have some names picked out,” I said as we pulled into the hospital parking lot “Because she or he may be here a lot sooner than you think.”

                Cole P.O.V

                The emergency room had been surprisingly empty, and the nurses had gotten Sophie in a wheel chair as quickly as possible. Soon, she had changed into one of those paper gowns and was lying on a bed in a private room.

“Ouch!” she cried, holding her stomach.

I was so damn worried; I felt nauseas “Sophie?” I whispered.

“Yeah?” she was breathing deeply, and I knew it wasn’t the best time to talk, but there was something I had to say before the baby came.

“I’m sorry,”

Her eyes popped open and she squeezed my hand “Cole, I told you the day you proposed you have nothing to be sorry about; its as much my fault as yours. It was an accident. I was on the pill, we used condoms, and I still got pregnant.” She smiled “Meant to be, I think.”