11

I hadn't yet found a way to reply to Demetrius's consolation when the ominous clanking of the prison guards' boots as they trudge through the hall towards us. We recoil from each other's hands but his eyes stay locked with mine, holding comfort.

     We watched each other until greedy fingers of the guards hoisted me into the hall. Screaming and thrashing, I was determined to make them regret taking me from my family. My life.

    "That's enough, girl." One of the men grunted as he shook me by my shoulders. My head lolled uselessly on my neck. He freed me quickly but the sudden motion left me swooning. The guards either didn't notice the struggle I fought to remain conscious or didn't care for their grips returned. My legs had been deemed worthless by the men and they dragged them lamely behind us. I couldn't help feel annoyed at their rush, it couldn't possibly taken that much longer if they let me walk on my own. It even would've been less work for them.

       I ended my own quibbling as soon as the familiar heavy wooden door came into view. The pads of my feet regained traction on the stone beneath me. In a desperate attempt to weaken the grip of either the two men's grip on me I jerked and writhed away from the door to the dark room with the man. I shivered, what would've happened if Elijah hadn't interfered? I shook the thought, jabbing my elbow into the gut of one of the men earning me a grumble. The hand of the other guard clasped over my mouth, I felt the panic begin to alter into adrenaline, I bit hard into the hand. The guard howled and fell backwards clutching his hand.

The weight of the men was gone. All my restraints are gone. I turned and began to sprint back down the hallway.

   “Stop!” The voice held so much power and authority that I pictured a god standing behind me. It didn’t matter if Zeus himself stood behind me, I was not risking my freedom on anything. “Like hell!” I yelled back at the voice, speeding down the long way towards home.

    Then a small click sounded and I recognized it immediately. The click of the safety of a gun switching off. I had only heard the sound in times of an attack or rades on our village, I knew the outcome of those who didn’t heed the small weapon’s warning. My legs took root into the stone, I waited, hands level with my shoulders. As if I needed to prove that I had no weapons on the remains of my now-grey dress.

It didn’t take long for “Zeus” to make his way over to me. He stepped in front of me. The man was godly. But not Zeus, instead his very being screamed the name Hades. Maverick. The thought of his name made me sick to my core.

“Purity. Being resistant once more?” he made a clucking noise with this tongue, mock disappointment. “That will change with a little discipline.” he spoke softly tipping my chin up to look at him. I glared right back, my face stiff with with anger and courage, into his gunmetal blue eyes. The way he emphasised the word discipline contorted the word until it sounded like a swear. Half of his face turned upward into a crooked smile. As if he knew some dirty secret and enjoyed keeping it dangling in front of my nose.

In that fleeting moment I felt all the courage and adrenaline sap from my body, diminishing into nothing but the purest form of fear I had ever felt. Maverick lifted the gun to my head. It was a traditional pistol with both silver and gold weaving it’s way around the trigger and down the sides of the barrel.

“Shoot me.” I felt that death would greet me more welcomely than anything Maverick had in store for me.

“Don’t test me Purity. You’ll find out rather quickly that I won’t tolerate it.” he sounded almost bored. He looked around me and sighed, “This will have to be dealt with.” That’s when I remembered the guards that were slumped over by the door.

“Gentlemen,” he regarded the men, “you will both receive reimbursement at a later time. For now head to the infirmary. In the future, I expect two grown men to be capable of handling a ninety pound girl. Is that an unreasonable request?”

“No sir.” they both said in unison before rushing out of sight. Always in a rush I thought, like the little white hare in the stories told to the children in our village. I was dragged out of my thoughts by a hand on the small of my back, propelling me forward to the door. I felt the cold metal of the gun pressed into my hip by his other hand, daring me to resist him. His hand slipped until it was at the very end of my back, making my entire form tense. At this I felt him chuckle. I felt nauseous. Entering the dark, oddly shaped room, he continued to propel me off to the side of the dark leather chair. There, a door was hidden by the shadows cast from the bookshelf.

Behind this door was yet another dark room, though not as dark as the last. This was a bedroom. Bureaus sat along with other furnishings around the room, as if each had been crafted from the heavens. With a bed fit for a king with deep stained wood frame complete with pillars reaching to the ceiling in each of the four corners. A chest of matching wood sat at the end of the bed and two lamps hung on the wall on either side of the bed’s head. Sheets of gold engulfed the mattress along with a thick black blanket on top of that. The walls were also a cole-blue almost black color.

“Something interest you in the bed?” his voice was teasing in my ear. His breath warm on the nape of my neck. He was so close. Too close. But I couldn’t find the strength to push him away. His arm slid gently from my waist around the front of me and lightly grasped my hip opposite his arm. I was acutely aware of the way this trapped me against him. His other hand smoothly slid up from my waist and up over my stomach, then my chest, my neck, to the spot just below my jaw. I felt my pulse on his fingertips, as did he.

  “Your heart is beating offly fast for not wanting to be here as badly as you have expressed little one.” he whispered, amused. I worked hard to stifle a moan, that was not the reaction I wanted. I was looking for some act of rebellion that would show my discompliance. I wanted to spit in his face, knee him in the groin, leave angry red fingerprints across that beautiful face of his. But I was ensnared in his arms, unable to move even the slightest bit. As if he knew my thoughts, his leg pressed against the inside of my leg and foot, dragging my foot farther away. Successfully spreading legs out in a way that would make all types of rebuttal impossible. His body was pressed right into mine. His hard chest and abdomen to the curve of my back. His warm breath dancing on the nape of my neck, the ends of his hair brushed along my cheek like the downy feathers of a bird. I bit my lip, hard. Hard enough to draw blood.

“Are you enjoying this Purity?” he almost purred. Clearly enjoying Gliding down the tattered material over my belly, his hand slipped from my waist to between my legs. I gasped at the sudden pressure as he cupped me in his hand, his other still around my throat with only enough force for me to know his hand hadn't lost it's grip. I could feel him grin against the skin of my neck and he began slowly making to kiss and suck at my neck. The sensation it made was confusing, it sent shivers down my spine like waves on the shore. I didn't like it but my body spoke otherwise.

“No” I said, but my voice was frail and scared. Not the brave I so wanted it to be.

“Do not lie to me!” His deep voice boomed against my skin. I shook. His fingers began to circle around my bundle of nerves and without my say a hard breath squeezed through my lips. Why was this happening to me? Why was it me that was taken? A tear rolled down my cheek.

“Don't cry little one. We're just starting to have some fun.”

Ugh. I have some serious problems. I'm way too perverted. I'm a disappointing human but thank u guys for ur comments and time much appreciated my little potatoes.
~Mel