Chapter 8

Clarke
"Hey..." Bellamy's voice is a low tremble that eases into the air. "You okay?" He bends down in front of me, as I sit on the couch, and places his hand on my knee. It instantly makes me feel a little more protected, considering recent events and my cold sweat.

Honestly, I don't really know how I'm feeling so I stare into those big brown eyes and simply nod my head. I could be doing better, but I could also be laying on the floor with a knife in my chest and Murphy by my side. If it wasn't for Bellamy insisting that he walk me to my room, something awful could've happened.

"It's okay to be scared." I can feel my chin start to tremble, so I bite my lip to try and cover the fear up. "Clarke..." He practically whispers. I can feel a tear trickle down my cheek and fall on to his hand. I manage a smile and chuckle a little.

"Sorry." I say as I try to wipe away the evidence of the tear on his hand. He doesn't take his eyes off of me. Once I look up at him though, he shifts uncomfortably...embarrassed.

"Well-uh-I should probably go. I have the night off so I'm going out with my buddies." His hands run through his inky black hair. I suddenly feel heavy and I really don't want him to leave. His absence would be terrible.

"Wait!" I panic, but pull my act together before Bellamy turns back around from the door. "Do you think you could stay?" Pathetic, Clarke. Your so pathetic. His eyes have never been more stunned.

"Sure." He says, walking back over to me. I'm a loss for words, so instead, I lay down on the couch, still in my scrub. He takes a blanket from the chair and lays it over me. "Goodnight, Princess." He whispers and kisses my forehead. I can't help but smiling, so I burry my face into the couch as he sits on the chair near me. He loves me like a sister...doesn't he? My mind can't help but wonder to the endless possibilities.

It takes me a while to actually want to feel more relaxed, but even then my mom doesn't come back from her date. My eyes grow heavier and heavier until the vision of Bellamy asleep in the chair fades away like a sweet, distant memory.

I'm somewhere pleasant. All I see is green and the smell of air that I have never smelt before bring a feeling to me that's so indescribably satisfying. I look around. To my left is a mountain, with white on the top, reaching towards the heavens. To my right is trees, so many trees and blue birds that perch and sing a pretty song that makes my heart jump. However, in front of me is a log cabin. It has smoke coming from the chimney so it must be occupied. Curious, I begin to walk.

"Hello?" I say. No answer. "Hello?" I call a little louder this time. "Is anyone there?" Suddenly I hear a scream, a piercing scream from a woman; but she's not alone. The sky seems to grow somewhat darker.

"Clarke!" I hear a mans voice from inside. It's a familiar voice. It's Bellamy's voice. "Clarke, the baby's coming!" Oh gosh.

I begin to run now, bursting through the cabin door and running towards Mrs. Blake, who sits on the edge of the couch, clutching the cousins and making her knuckles become a pale shade of yellow. She screams and I run, ready to deliver a baby...ready to deliver my first baby. I hold her hand and I feel Bellamy grip my shoulder; but somethings wrong.

Mrs. Blake looks at me with a blank face. The room grows a bright white.

"What's wrong?" I ask concerned. She grits her teeth and suddenly I feel a hot sticky puddle of blood begin to form from underneath her body. I grunt and back away from the body.

"You did this." Her throat crackles. My stomach drops as she repeats this over an over again.

A sweet, innocent cry comes from behind me. I turn and see Bellamy holding an infant in bloody white scraps of cloth.

"Mom..." His voice cracks as tears race down his cheeks. He runs towards me and practically drops the baby in my arms so he can retreat to his dead mothers corps. The baby kicks in fury as Bellamy breathes in a rapid, in healthy manner. "Mom...no no no..." He caresses her head into his lap.

"Bellamy." I whisper sympathetically.