Chapter 7

Bellamy
   We breathe. We breathe at the same rhythm, our chest raising and falling, and our heart's beating in sync.

   She wraps her arms around my waist and mine is around her's. She grips my t-shirt and I caress her head into one of my hands. At the medical bay, she's a stubborn nurse who's determined to help; but in my arms, she's my beautiful, fragile princess and I'm her protecter.

There's nothing in this world that could ever make me want to tear away from this, so Clarke is the first to pull back...a little. She places her hands on my chest and examines my face. Her eyes all of a sudden become soft. She takes her hands and gently wipes away my glistening cheeks. I can't help it, but my lips start to quiver into a small smile. She's so perfect.

"Everything's going to be okay." She whispers. "Everything's going to be okay..." I nod my head. A clearing of a throat interrupts us. Clarke automatically puts her arms to her side and I do the same. Mom stands in the door way trying to hide a humiliating smile. Her hair is wet and tied up in a messy bun, while all that covers her body is spandex and a lumpy sweatshirt.

"Am I interrupting something?" She asks sarcastically I feel my cheeks turn red.

"No-uh-I was just about to tell Bellamy that the baby looks healthy. Your next appointment will be in three weeks. Until then, take these. One everyday." She commands handing her a container of prenatal vitamins. "Also, refrain from any alcohols and do your best to limit anything with carbonation or acid."

"Yeah yeah I know the drill." Mom says rudely. Once I get her attention, I harden my face, warning her not to go any further.

"Okay...well I'd better go." Clarke says rather awkwardly. She zips up her bag and opens the door.

"I'll walk you to your room." I say. She assures me that she can go on her own, but finally gives up and let's me tag along.

Once we arrive in front of her door, she Clarke sighs. Her eyes look so tired and her body looks like it's about to collapse.

"You know you didn't have to come. I was perfectly capable of walking to my own room." She snickers, swiping the key across the door.

"I know, Princess. I just thought-"

"Hello Clarke." A drunken voice says in the darkness of the room. Clarke switches on the lights. Murphy. "Ahhhhhh...Bellamy Blake. Nice to see you too." He grins an evils grin that makes my stomach churn.

"Get out." Clarke spits. She had so much fire in her tone that it even brings a shiver down my spine.

"And leave the party so soon?!? I don't think so." He stands up and I shut the door, pushing Clarke behind me. If anyone is getting out of here untouched it's gonna be her.

"What do you want Murphy?" I ask. He chuckles.

"Oh I would tell you, but I'm guessing my girlfriend over here's already done that for me."

"I AM NOT YOUR GIRLFRIEND!" Clarke yells. I have to hold her back from lunging forward at Murphy who stands looking at her with amusement.

"I always admired your passion." He says. It makes me boil the way he looks at Clarke. His eyes moving up and down her body like she's some type of toy. He begins to slowly walk towards us. Clarke grabs my hand, pulling me towards the kitchen. "What are you...her knight in shinning armor? You'd better walk away before I kill you." His face is close to mine now, his breath of stale whisky.

"Back off Murphy." I grumble making sure my tone is extra harsh. "Nobody has to get hurt today. Just walk away and I won't say a word."

"I'm not that dumb, Blake. I thought that only Clarke would be here, which would have made her an easy target, but you were here with her. So yeah I'm gonna walk away." I grip Clarke's hand even harder as Murphy pins us against the wall. "But I'm gonna make sure to find out your secrets and destroy everyone you love." He spits.