II. Camp Half-Blood

Fear begins creeps inside me, but I fight it back. 

     Instead of breathing fire and burning me to a crisp, It nods its head to the left where two pillars made a doorway with a sign that read: CAMP HALF-BLOOD.

     "Do you want me to go in there?" I asked?

     It nodded its head.

     I looked back down the hill to find the cyclops still rubbing its eyes. I was about to run down there and finish it off when a voice in my head spoke to me.

     "Don't go. You'll be only committing suicide" the voice said.

     Wait a minute, this voice. I remember now! This is the same voice that I've hearing in my dreams.

     "But why?" I said, "It killed my mother!"

     "If you turn around and go to Camp Half-Blood, I promise you that you'll exact your revenge not only to him, but to all his kind as well." 

     "And why should I trust you?" I said.

     "Because I'm part of you, and you're part of me." the voice said.

     I turned around and walked to the doorway. I never got to see what was behind it because my vision immediately blackened and I fell to the ground.

     I opened my eyes to find lots of faces looking at me.

     "He's awake! Get Chiron!" one of them said.

     I tried to get up, but there wasn't enough space. The all back away and I swing my legs off my bed. When I stand up, I realize that I was in a cabin. I looked back at the faces that I had woken up to to find that most of them were my age, but some looked older. They all stared back at me as if they'd never seen a human being before. That's when I remembered what had happened early this morning. Tears began to form in my eyes as I remembered the sight of my mom's motionless body. I fight back back the tears and wipe away some that had managed to appear.

     "Is this Camp Half-Blood?" I asked.

     They all nodded but one of them stepped forward. She had beautiful long brown hair and sparkly green eyes. She wore blue jeans and an orange shirt and a black Pegasus, which had the words: CAMP HALF-BLOOD written on top of it.

     When she stepped forward, everyone got to one knee.

     "Hello there. My name is Beth Lester, daughter of Hermes. I am the one who brought you to camp after I found you laying at Half-Blood hill while on border patrol." she said.

     "Ummm, thanks." I said not asking anything about how she just called herself 'daughter of Hermes'.

     Everyone shot me a nasty glare as if I'd done something wrong, which apparently to them I had.  

     "What's wrong with them." I ask.

     She pointed to the ground in front of her. "Kneel to your superior." she said.

     I looked at her with a confused look. "Why?" 

     "Because I'm the smartest person at camp, fastest, best at swordsmanship, and the most important thing," she flicked her hair, "My beauty."

     I began to crack up. Her face turned enraged. One of the people kneeling next to her got up and punched straight at my face. I easily tilted my head, sending the punch directly by my face, and then pushed him back.