65 - the arcaders

Start from the beginning

We both watched him lift the pan, as he intently watched the egg in mid air.

"I told you, what did I tell y--oh fuck." He cursed when it fell to the floor in a splat.

I laughed, closing my eyes as I threw my head back.

"Did a bird just shit?" Calum called from the couch as Tess snorted.

"Well, you could say that."

Ashton groaned, picking up the egg and trying to hold the goo in his enormous hands.

"Hey Rose, I think you've got something on your face."

"What the--"

"Oh shit!" I screamed when Ashton smushed it against her face, immediately running away from her and into the bedroom.

"Are you kidding me! You're dead you little fucker, you hear me?" Rose shouted, scrunching her nose as she wiped the sticky substance from her face.

She grabbed an egg from the open carton, running after him.

"Rose no! I'm sorry!" He laughed uncontrollably.

"Rose chill!" Calum called after her.

"Not freaking happening, Hood!"

.

.

.

***

After eating breakfast with an awkward sensation in the atmosphere, it was finally over.

Rose was humming softly, tapping her fingers playfully to a beat on Ashton's hand, as we all stared at her.

"What?" She glanced up.

"Are you humming My Chemical Romance?"

"Yes, I am Tess. It calms me down."

"Welcome To The Black Parade was Jenna's favorite song." I remembered, pulling a small smile.

"Oh she said it changed to Famous Last Words a week ago." Calum casually brought up, Tess rolling her eyes.

"She didn't! Welcome To The Black Parade was a classic. And classics never die."

"Then explain their album The Black Parade Is Dead?"

"Calum, I swear. Don't fight me on my favorite band."

"Well, they're my favorite band too."

"And I was the one humming it to begin with." Rose said.

"Okay, we're all trash for MCR, I get it." I blurted out, as they all looked at me, Ashton stifling a laugh.

"It's actually Disenchanted." A voice from the door made us all turn to it.

Jenna leaned on the doorframe, Michael behind her.

Oh god.. If she's here for what I think she's here for.. Was I even ready?

"Michael, there was an arcade downstairs right?" She asked without glancing back at him, her eyes were locked on me.

"Uh, yeah." He chuckled.

"Well what are we all waiting for, let's go there." Rose quickly said.

"Sounds like a plan!" Tess pointed, Calum slinging an arm around her shoulders.

I pursed my lips, staring down at the floor as the others had shuffled out, purposely leaving Jenna and I in the room alone.

Jenna flinched at the sound of the door closing as she sighed.