65 - the arcaders

.

A/N:

Long chapter woo :)

And sorry for typos in advance, I never get to edit my chapters ugh

- Mia x

.

.

_________________________________

.

.

CARA'S POV

.

.

"So how are you? We never got a chance to ask you." Tess curiously asked.

The others were in the kitchen seeing if they could whip up something.

Rose said it was better, but I knew they were only doing this so I wouldn't have to get into an awkward mess between Luke, his new girlfriend, and Jenna.

Honestly, I wanted to get things straight with Jenna. It was the most anticipated thing that has been running through my head, on the way here, in the airplane..

Jenna was my best friend, and I wish she'd let me back in her life.

"Cara?" Tess asked again as I glanced at her.

"Honestly, really, really well Tess. I hate to say this, but it was sort of easy for awhile to not have the press all up on my case."

She smiled weakly at me, propping her face in a hand. "Yeah, I totally know what you mean though."

"Do you ever miss the beginning? Like when we didn't really care if we were a small band, and all we really cared about was the music?"

She nodded, sighing. "I do miss it. But now, isn't still about the music? What keeps this band together?"

"It's been hard to focus with them around." I said softly so they couldn't hear.

"Maybe it is their evil plot to sabotage us." Tess laughed, making me smile. "And maybe we haven't been our feminist selves lately, but.. I kind of like it."

"How so?"

"I like how different it feels. Like Calum, I don't know what it is about him, maybe it's the fact he can play the bass just as well as me, and yeah, I don't know. I know having a guy in my life is the last thing I need because I have you guys, but.. It's like I've won more than I wanted, and I like it. I like him a lot." She murmured.

"You really think of me that way?"

Both of us looked to our side where Calum was just a slight distance away, overhearing the conversation.

Tess blushed, her eyes slightly widening, as I smiled.

"I get what you mean." I agreed.

Lastly glancing at the two, I heaved myself up to leave them to it as I went over to Rose and Ashton.

"Are you insane, you're going to set this room on fire!" She stared at him with wide eyes.

"I know what I'm doing Rose, can you find your chill?"

"Okay, go ahead." She huffed, taking a step back.

"What are you guys doing?" I laughed.

"Well, we're trying to cook eggs sunny side up, but Ash here is--"

"I'm an expert, just trying to flip an egg."

"Key word here, is trying." Rose said to me, as I stood next to her.