xiii

FLASHBACK

THE ONE WHERE THEY GET TOGETHER

MIKE SAT ON HIS BED, thinking about his kiss with eliza

MIKE SAT ON HIS BED, thinking about his kiss with eliza. it was magical but he had no idea how to tell lillian. he was shocked that he even cheated on her.

"hey.." aria said as she walked in. she noticed that her little brother was quiet lately and she wanted to know why.

"hey.." he replied back. she sat on the end of his bed.

"what's wrong?" she asked.

"it's nothing." he said while his nose twitches.

"you're lying." aria said.

"i'm not." he defended

"your nose twitches when you lie. come on mike, tell me." aria pleaded.

"okay, i cheated on lillian-" mike started.

"you cheated on lillian?!" aria said, shocked.

"i didn't mean too. there's this girl, and i developed feelings for her." mike explained.

"you developed feelings for a girl while you were dating lillian?" aria asked. mike nodded.

"what should i do?" he asked her. aria thought about it before answering.

"i think you should go for the girl you love the most. the one you have strong feelings for and the one that has a connection with you." aria explained.

"thanks aria." mike said, smiling at her.

"you're welcome." she said.

~~~~~

"hey mike." lillian said as he walked into her room.

"hey..i want to talk to you." he said.

"about?" lillian asked.

"us." mike said. lillian kept quiet and looked at the ground. she knew it was going to happen one day and that day was today.

"lillian, we should break up. i'm sorry but I developed feelings for eliza." mike started to say.

"it's okay. i know you have feelings for her. I think we should break up too." Lillian said.

"so, you're okay with it?" he asked.

"yeah, it was bound to happen some day." lillian said. mike smiled.

"thanks." mike said. she smiled at him before he left. she was happy for him but she was still hurt. But she knew good things were bound to happen to her soon.

~~~~~

mike knocked on eliza's door. he was going to ask her out. he was holding roses on his right hand and on his other hand, he was holding a teddy.

eliza's sister, anna, opened the door. she was shocked to see mike, holding roses and a teddy bear.

"hi anna, is eliza home?" mike asked.

"yes, she is. she's in her room. i'm assuming you're mike?" anna guessed.

"yes, how did you know?" he asked.

"eliza talks about you all the time. i'll bring you to her." anna said. mike walked into the house and closes the door. he followed anna to eliza's room.

"eliza, you have a guest." anna yelled as she knocked on her door.

"tell them to come in. the door's unlocked." eliza yelled back. anna smiled at mike before he walked into the room.

"mike, what are you doing here?" eliza asked.

"i wanted to ask you something." he said. he gave her the flowers and the teddy bear.

"the flowers are beautiful. thanks..let me get a vase for them real quick." eliza said before leaving her room. she grabbed a vase from the kitchen and went in her room. she put the flowers in the vase while putting some water in it.

"what did you want to ask me?" she asked.

"do you want to go out?" he asked.

"like a date?" she asked, shocked.

"yeah." mike smiled.

"what about lillian? aren't you two still dating?" she asked.

"no, we broke up weeks ago because I developed feelings for you."

"oh..." she said.

"i think she already moved on with toby cavanaugh." mike added.

"okay, i'll go out with you." eliza said.

"great!" mike smiled.

the two started dating after three dates. they were the perfect couple. in fact, they were the 'it' couple of school. everything was perfect until a sudden and unexpected tragedy struck.