ix

FLASHBACK

THE ONE WHERE MIKE AND ELIZA FIRST MEET

ELIZA WALKED INTO THE SCHOOL, with a gleeful smile on her face

ELIZA WALKED INTO THE SCHOOL, with a gleeful smile on her face. it was her first day of school in rosewood. the voice of students talking made her smile wider but her smile turned into a frown as snobby girls started to talk about her.

"who's that?"

"she's ugly."

"look at her nose."

the group of snobby girls had started to burst out laughing. eliza felt tears threatening to fall out of her eyes but she blinked them away. then, she began to walk to class.

mike sat on his seat, listening to his teacher talk about biology. mike couldn't even get more annoyed. he hated biology.

"and you get a-" his biology teacher, ms. daniele, started to say but she was interrupted when the door opened. mike's eyes looked away from ms. daniele and saw eliza, who was awkwardly smiling.

"hi, i'm sorry i'm late. i'm new and i got a bit lost around here. my name is eliza." she brightly said.

"welcome to rosewood, eliza. you may sit beside mike. mike, can you please raise your hand." ms. daniele said. mike smiled at her with a tint of red on his cheek. he raised his hand. eliza smiled at him and sat down beside him.

elizah sets her backpack down and quickly grabs her notebook to start jotting down the notes written on the board. mike turned his head slightly to his right and admire the young girl before.

it had been pass two minutes and they both haven't made contact to each other until eliza asked for a pen.

"hi, do you have a pen i could borrow?" she asks. mike smiled and looked through his bag, looking for a pen. he found one and gave it to her.

"thanks." eliza thanked him with a blush.

"it was no problem." he said. the two made eye contact and smiled at each other. eliza looked away and grabbed her stuff. mike turned towards ms. daniele. they both didn't realize hat they both were blushing. this was love at first sight.