Trade Mistakes

*Brendon's POV*

"Brendon where the hell were you last night?" Ryan scolded as I walked in the door.

"Wait, what the fuck? Ryan did you two... in my apartment? OH MY GOD. BRO." I yelled back, ignoring his question.

"What the-" Laken muttered.

"Ew! No we didn't, I swear." Ryan said, defending himself.

"Ew?" Laken questioned. "Your response was ew?"

"No no no, not like that!" Ryan said trying to clean up the mess. "I just meant that you and Brendon are-"

"RYAN." I said sternly before he said too much.

Laken looked amused. "No, Ryan, continue. What were you going to say?"

I shot him a death glare. The air in the room was tense. Ryan look like a scolded puppy.

"Nothing," he answered timidly. He then became angry and turned to me. "Where were you last night?"

I gave him a confused look. "Why does it matter?"

"Because I texted you all night and this morning and you still haven't answered. I thought you were dead!" Ryan yelled.

"Calm down mom! I can take care of myself!" I answered.

"Don't call me mom!" Ryan screamed back at me. "I was worried about you. Damn." He said and crossed his arms.

"I'm sorry," I told him. "But seriously what's going on? Why are you two alone in my apartment?"

"I came here to see if you were alive and your door was unlocked. Then she knocked on the door looking for you and I told her you weren't here. She asked to use the bathroom while we waited. Now where were you all night?"

I looked at the ground and then back at Ryan. I tried to give him a look that said 'I can't tell you' but he didn't get it. Laken was looking between us.

"Well?" he questioned.

I didn't want to say anything in front of her so I grabbed Ryan's arm and dragged him into my bedroom. "Excuse us!" I called out to her.

"What the heck is going on?" Ryan asked.

"I was singing yesterday at work and a girl came up to me. We went to the club last night and things escalated. I spent the night there." I told him.

Ryan had shock written all over his face. "You spent the night there? Did you two-"

"Yeah," I said, confirming his unfinished sentence.

He shook his head. "I know that in the past this has been a normal occurrence and although I think it's gross, it's normal thing for you, but I thought that you were going for Laken now?"

"That girl hates my guts!" I scream whispered so she couldn't hear. "Anyway, we were just really good friends. Nothing more."

I didn't know if I was trying to convince him or myself.

"Then why did she tell me that she wants to talk to you? She wouldn't be here right now if she didn't care about you."

My gaze shifted down to my feet as I though about Ryan's words.