12 ✧ Floo

3 days passed. I wished it were 3 years, so I could visit mum and dad. I frowned, turning over on the top bunk of Neville and I's bed. "Stop rustling!" he moaned, banging on the bottom of my loft. "Stop! You'll only break it." I said in a gruff tone, turning around yet again. Grumbling, Neville stopped banging. I caught the words mine, stupid, and mum.

I waited quietly for 20 minutes. My plan was in action. I slowly descended the ladder, grimacing only when it let out a low squeak. I walked to the closet, peeling off my pajamas, and pulling on some muggle clothes. I waked to the dresser we shared and took my wand, a small packet, and Neville's pouch of wrappers. I walked outside, shutting the door quietly behind me. I walked briskly toward the storm drain, thrusting the pouch into the drain. It slowly descended, and I only continued when I heard the plop of the pouch hitting the water. I smiled faintly as I walked to a deserted field. There, I walked into the woods surrounding it. I approached an abandoned home, breaking down. Neville and I had visited this place one thousand times at least. We loved exploring the broken, well, everything! I took out the small packet. I poured out the green dust in the one thing that wasn't broken. The fireplace. I leaped into the floo powder. The world swirled frantically, overwhelming me. I just willed myself not to pass out, to keep saying the same thing over and over. St. Mungo's. St. Mungo's. St. Mungo's. No one, I repeat, no one can keep me from seeing my parents.