10 ✧ St. Mungo's

St. Mungo's. I took a deep breath, and Neville looked at me. I knew this was the time where we could not fight anymore. I smiled a weak smile, and he smiled back. Our grandma walked in first, followed by me, then Neville. We walked to the elevator, and I stared at the buttons. I pressed the number 4, like we did every year. Slowly, so slowly, the elevator creeped upward. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Neville take out a small brown pouch. The one he brought every year, which held the small wrappers that mum usually gave him. I sighed. She never gave me anything. Only Neville. He was the first born twin.

"Mum? We're here!" said Neville, approaching my mum's bed. Her tangled white hair and white gown made her look ghost like against her pale skin. I turned away as she held out a purple wrapper. Instead, I turned my attention to dad. His hair was a mess too, but he was staring blankly into space. "Dad?" I asked quietly, but he didn't move. My mum began humming, but I blocked it out. "Dad! Look at me." I said, a little louder than intentioned. He gave a weak whimper, and buried his head under the covers. My mom was still humming, Neville smiling down at her. I ran to the other side of the room, sitting in a plastic chair. Neville looked at me. "What's wrong?" he asked. "They don't love me." I said, turning away. "They just don't remember." he said understandingly, walking toward me. "No!" I yelled, jumping up. "Mum gives you wrappers at least! They hate me!" And with that, I stomped away. My mum stopped her humming as I ran out of the room, a silent tear rolling down my cheek.