09 ✧ Christmas Break

It was time for Christmas Break. School was going well, except still no Luna. I was really looking forward to break, because Neville and I were going to visit our mum and dad.

I trudged onto the Hogwarts Express, ready to head back to London. I sat with Neville, but Hermione didn't come into our train car like we expected. We new she now favored Ron and Harry, but not over us. Well, Ron anyway. I didn't see Harry board the train. Neville was looking at me with sympathy, like he had been since we tried to find Luna. "Stop worrying about me. I'm fine." I told him after a long period of silence. "You don't seem fine." he replied, and I slumped down in my seat. "Trust me." I said, but he just scoffed. "You've not been acting like yourself. She's fine! I know she is. I promise." I jumped up. "Just shut up!" I yelled, racing out of the train car. I ran to no where in particular, just away from Neville. I found the bathroom and ran to the sink. The tears exploded out of me. I cried and cried. Cried until my eyes felt like they were so dry they would crack. I leaned over the sink, wiping my face. The mirror showed that my eyes were puffy and red, my checks flushed. My bright blue eyes looked as if they had lost the spark that was once there. I waited in a bathroom stall for a while until I thought my face would look a little less red. I started to wish I had brought my bag to the bathroom, for now many girls were filing in and out of the stalls, changing into muggle clothes. I couldn't go back in there with Neville, for fear his sympathy would get worse or... He would be mad. That would be something. The only other time I had seen him mad was when Bellatrix...

I finally gathered up enough courage to go face Neville and get my bag. I opened the train car door. "Hey, Margret!" he said, smiling. I grabbed my bag. He eyed it. "About time you came and got that. It seems everyone's already changed." I frowned and dashed back out.