Ch. 3 Who'd Want a Freak?

Start from the beginning

"No, thanks." I mutter.

"Come on, baby." He replies, pulling me closer and whispering in my ear. "I promise you'll like it."

"Get off her." Adam orders, coming closer to us. Surprisingly, the guy listens and takes his arm off of me.

"Hey, man. Didn't know she was spoken for."

"Well, she is so fuck off, Atkinson." Adam says, shoving him back.

"Why would you fight over this freak?" A girl with a short skimpy skirt and too
much makeup asks disgusted.

"She's not yours, Adam." A guys walks over with his arms crossed, entering our circle.

"You wanna bet, Brody?" Adam argues stranding toe to toe with the guy named Brody.

"I do, fuck face. She's mine." He growls. Both boys are the same height and weight. Brody has dark blonde hair with brown eyes and Adam has black hair and grey eyes.

    I see that both guys are shaking and about to fight. I walk up to them and try to wedge myself between them. "I don't think this is something to fight about." I state, successfully getting in between them and pushing them away from each other.

"Don't touch him." Adam orders, picking me up and putting me behind him. I hear the punches and step back just as Adam takes Brody to the floor.

The girl from earlier with the short skirt growls at me and her fist makes contact with the side of my face, knocking me down. I cup my cheek and she leans down.

"Stay away from Adam, bitch." She warns, standing back up.

I turn to see teachers breaking up the fight. Both boys are shaking and their faces are bloody. Arms wrap around me and lift me up. I look and see one of Adam's friends, Geo, helping me. "You should have hit her back." He tells me.

"I think I was too stunned. I've never been hit before." I confess.

He smiles. "How'd it feel?"

"It fucking hurt." I mutter, stroking my jaw.

He laughs. "Come on. Let's go to class before they start handing out detentions." I nod and follow his lead. He stays by my side and I glance at him.

"Do we have English together?" I ask.

"Yep. We have all the same classes."

"Oh." I reply, walking into class. Everyone stops talking and looks our way. I follow Geo to two open seats in the middle of the classroom. I try my best to keep my head down, but I can still hear the whispers.

"She's such a slut. She tried to steal Adam from Lydia."

"I don't see why Brody would even want her, she's not even pretty."

    Finally, the teacher comes in and everyone stops talking. "Jocelyn, you need to go to the principal's office." Mrs. Scott states. I stand up hearing the giggles and seeing smug faces.

    I walk out of the classroom with my head down. In the front office I see Adam and Brody sitting in the chairs against the wall. Adam is icing an eye and Brody is holding toilet paper under his bleeding nose. I may be blonde, but its clear
these too we're fighting about more than just me.

    A man in a suit comes out of the office, seeing me he nods. "All three of you, come in." The boys stand up and wait for me to walk in. As soon as I pass though, I hear them pushing each other, fighting to come in after me. "Enough! Get in here now." The principle yells.

    I sit in the middle seat to keep them separated. Both boys plop down on either side of me. Just as the principal turns to walk to his seat, Brody grabs my chair and pulls me closer to him earning another growl from Adam who tries to pull me closer to his side. I read the name plate on the desk, ignoring them. Principal Jeffrey Evans.